Need Help! No start after head replacement

mlp2435

Reaction score
So I replaced my head on my 02 2.3. When I did I replaced head gasket, water pump, timing belt, knock sensor and a coolant temp sensor. All timing marks lined up (I even took it apart again to double check). I adjusted the valves, I have spark and I have fuel. Compression is 155 on all 4 cylinders. My problem is it cranks but won't turn over. I have checked and rechecked everything. What could I be missing?? It's driving me crazy

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Are all the spark plug wires in the right place? Did you forget to plug in the distributor or something else? Is that ground wire that connects to the head put back on?

mlp2435

Reaction score
Plug wires are good. Distributor and everything else seems to be plugged in. Where is the ground you are talking about? I only remember taking 1 off over by the engine mount on drivers side and it's back on.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
you have suck and squish

see if it has spark, pull wire off plug while cranking, spark? When?

have fuel pressure? injectors firing?

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Can't remember if these cars have it too or it's just the older hondas, but there's usually a ground wire that goes from the valve cover to the frame. Someone should verify this in case I'm wrong. Damn It's been too long since my accord's been sold, I'm forgetting these things

mlp2435

Reaction score
Has spark. Plugs have gas on them when pulled. So injectors are firing. Anyone have the diagram for firing order? I know it's 1,3,4,2. Just want a diagram of the dizzy to make sure. I'm pretty sure that's not it but just want to be positive. I pulled starter and had it tested today. It passed. I'm running out of options!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
maybe they do.

You got spark?

check timing, make sure it's not fudged, like 180* off.

ya got compression, right?

mlp2435

Reaction score
Compression is 150,155,155,155.

Have spark on all 4 plugs.

Timing is lined up at cam gear, rotor points to #1.

Starting to wonder if somehow the ECU went bad in the mix. I have eliminated pretty much everything else. I have way to much time into this thing. Shouldve just traded it in!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
K, and ya got 155psi on each, next step is check WHEN it gets spark.

Timing light.

Notice: on this our dizzy SHOULD NOT go on backwards. But it CAN! You end up w/ timing lookin ok, but a broken cam! (the drive thing)

Back