Need help please ASAP!!!

accordxracer

Reaction score
I just installed a donor motor in to my new project car. Its a 98 lx autotragic.... Everything went smooth for the most part with the help of a couple friends of course. The only problem was when i went to start it up... no spark! :( So i changed out the dizzy and :rock: but when it fired up, the car automatically started revving really high as if you were throttling it by foot. So I though it was the throttle cable so i completely unhooked it to see if that would stop it and ... nope! still revs really high like almost almost 5000 RPM. NO check engine lights on, only a D4 light flashing. I must say though i did break the shift link cable but can still put the tranny in gear (I will be replacing it tho). This is the first start up the motor has had in a while (since its been sitting in the salvage yard for about 8months), so i def dont want to leave the car on having this issue. I did however lube up the camshaft because of this very reason so i hope this helps some. I do have a 30 day warranty with the motor and motor does have 56k on it. If anyone has ever had this problem please if you could point me in the right direction i would appreciate it. One question i do have tho " Do you think the shift link may have something to do with this? please get back to me thanks

jdmcg3

Reaction score
maybe the timing is off.. or bad iacv.. or even you need to adjust the dizzy.. it could be a number of things.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
does it mean when the d4 light is flashing that your transmission is on its way out?

accordxracer

Reaction score
what is the iacv? i forget.. and on the D4 light its been a long time since i bought an automatic so i dont know what it means. when i take the fuel pump fuse out tho it doesn't flash ....this is weird. anyway it just seems like its sucking air from somewhere else. The shift link is however not in park when i start it. Since it is broken the farthest it goes is reverse so ive been turning it on in neutral..I just saw now that there is a check engine light on so im going to check it. Let me go see if i can find a link to how to see what code it is..

accordxracer

Reaction score
when i check the timing, do you mean with a gun or put the number 1 cylinder to TCD and see if everything lines up?

accordxracer

Reaction score
do you guys think the TPS sensor would have anything to do with this? im thinking also it may have a leak right on the intake manifold gasket somewhere...ill see have to check it and retrace everything and make sure.

Back