Need help (rear sway bar issue)

truWarier02

Reaction score
I've had some clunks for a while now so I decided to replace the original bushing+bracket that attaches to the frame.

2vl1yjn.jpg

The problem is, I got one side to bolt on but the other side just won't line up with the holes on the frame.

Does the car have to be on the ground/even ground when doing this? It's a bit frustrating to do on a lowered car. :eusa_wall:

Last edited:

Narftastic

Reaction score
I'm just guessing but, I think it would need to be evenly raised on both sides because if u raise one side would it not be straight... I don't know if that made sence but yea :lawl:

001Stunna

Reaction score
What do you mean it wont line up?
You can move the bushing/bracket alongside the bar until it lines with the holes. Also you should have either the whole rear jacked up or all of it on the ground. Not one side up, one down.

truWarier02

Reaction score
I guess my garage is very slightly sloped (one wheel touches the ground before the other when car is let down from the jack) but to the naked eye you would think it's perfectly even.

1zzt8oo.jpg

As you can see, only one hole lines up but the other is quite off.

Sorry for the noobness lol.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I jacked the car up by the towhook when I did me mine, then used two jackstands and my other hydraulic jack for safety.

truWarier02

Reaction score
That's what I did too. Jacked from the rear tow hook and placed 2x8 pieces of wood under the wheels to be safe and gain some clearance underneath.

Guess I have to find some place that's extremely flat or just bring it to a shop that has lift (errrr).

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
I'm you should loosen the other bracket that's bolted up and try to shift the bar further over to the side that's giving you problems. You didn't attach the endlink on the other side, right? Do that last.

truWarier02

Reaction score
I'm you should loosen the other bracket that's bolted up and try to shift the bar further over to the side that's giving you problems. You didn't attach the endlink on the other side, right? Do that last.

I'll give that a try right now. I didn't mess with the endlinks as I didn't have to take off the bar (picture in OP is just a sample picture). I only removed both frame brackets/bushings and replaced them.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Finally finished! Thanks GoldnKnight for the tip!

I loosened the bolts on the other side and just slid the bar a tad bit. It also helps if you use the OEM scissor jack to help raise and hold the bar in position so you can screw in the bolts a lot easier.

Back