Need HELP!!!! who knows there stufff?

midnight_accord

Reaction score
allright whats up everyone i havnt been on here in a while ive been mad busy.

allright so on my 99 accord which has the ulev motor i cant get it inspected or registerd cause they have no inspection records for 3 yrs. sucksss.

allright im on my second motor and 3rd tranny.

-1st mototr blew due to cold air intake and a huge *** puddle.
-replaced it with same ulev motor
-tranny slipped which was a/t
-honda replaced that
-tranny went again
-did a 5spd swap

allright the only CEL code i have is P0135 which is comming from the non ulev ecu i guess...?

i got a new denso 02 sensor from dealer made specificlly for the ulev motor
$150 bucks later...

still didnt help..

checked all wiring and continuity.

Question
the white wire isnt getting voltage so i was told to only give it 5v
is that correct?

also i believe the ecu is bad. and i need the ulev one.

Question
but they didnt make a m/t ulev in 1999
will the 2000 mt ulev be allright?

final answer=yes

Question
im also thinking of just goin hondata i heard that can get rid of this code.
what would i need to use hondata and whick one do i need to get?

please help im so done with this car and my kawasaki ninja with its carbs. lol

thanks in advanced

Last edited:

Fuzz

Reaction score
Before you go Hondata, please consider just puting a ODB1 Conversion Harness and ODB1 ECU, and then tune with eCtune.

I don't get why you can't have the car inspected though? Isn't the whole point of inspecting a car is because you need to have it inspected before being registered??

midnight_accord

Reaction score
yeah but i cant pass inspection with my check engine light on. dmv needs proof of inspection cause theres no true file of my inspection for the past 2 years.

how does that obd1 conversion work. what do i need how much. which ecu would i need?

is there any type of rewiring involved

finch13

Reaction score
You need to get a ULEV ECU to communicate with the ULEV O2 sensor... not sure if the wire harness between the two is any different...

You bought a wideband O2 sensor (which the ULEV requires), only the ULEV ECU can read the signal.

midnight_accord

Reaction score
ok so i put in a new ecu today and got a locksmith to come program it to my vin and keys again! lol

well i dont have the cel for the 02 sensor heater malfuncion which i was so ****ing excited i was bout to throw a huge party!

i went to take it for a drive and i was like wtf is it so slow and my vtc light was working.....

so new cel came on.

P0500 which is VSS malfunction yet my spedo is working fine.

the ecu is from a 2000 accord ex. ulev 5spd. any ideas any1???

99 never had ulev 5spds so yeah.

HELP!!!! more haha

almost there guys i might be able to get a legal inspection one of these days

midnight_accord

Reaction score
allright so i fixed my problem!!!!!

I HAVE NO CEL ANYMORE!!! haha

well i guess when i put in my new ecu i pulled the harness a lil too hard cause the wiring for the vsss was hooked up to the pass fuse box for spedo but broke between there and the ecu. i patched the wire with a butt connector and magic!

it was too dark last night to see this.

now its time to turbo....

p.s. to anyone that has put a turbo in there accord was it fully working without a check engine light on? pass inspection with it? use an obd2 computer instead of switching to obd1?

thanks every1

Fuzz

Reaction score
I don't know what the rules or regulations are in the US, but doing a conversion to ODB1 won't throw any codes because you put the tuning and programming for your car in the ECU.

I don't get why a car wouldn't pass with a ODB1 Conversion, they wouldn't know. For us here in Canada, as long as the car passes a safety inspection, and emmissions test (Basically a Proper Cat, and proper tune or factory tune)... basically a well running car.

if you turbo you will go ODB1 FOR SURE because of your tuning. Basically you buy a chipped ECU, conversion harness... build your car, tow it to the dyno, and tune your baby.

Last edited:
Back