Need Help with auto to manual swapp. 99% done

kaos1081

Reaction score
OK so I have done the manual swap everything is done minus the wiring part well all that is need is to connect is the VSS so my v-tec and speedo work.. I have a 98 ex, h23tranny and kept it obd2 . I have used the site to finish my swap, I just cant find in detail how to connect the vss everyone seems to shy away from this or convert to obd 1. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i dont have a writing diagram cause everyonone prefers oem look to the swap. how i have mine is on the 3 wire plug is one wire going to the battery, one going to a ground and one connected to the blue wire previously used for the auto tranny speedo and cut the wire off the old plug near the ecu and installed it into the manual ecu slot for the vss

im going to look at my haynes manual to help ya out, but like i said, everyone prefers turbowa's writeup

kaos1081

Reaction score
So how does the 3 wire plug for the obd1 tranny work which is ground and which is power and which one goes to the blue wire from the auto tranny plug.

kaos1081

Reaction score
Maybe you can help me with these diagrams of ecu that i have from autodata. Thanks in advance.

ecudiagrampart1.jpg

ecudiagrampart2.jpg

Last edited:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
lets use this pin diagram:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1665&d=1111724327

depin the #10 on connector D and install onto 23 on connector C. depinning is a bitch but it must be done for your sake. as far as the vss, i cant confirm wire colors, but when you are looking at the plug, with the clip part on top, the wiring is as follows... ground / power / signal.

now the speedo has to be tee'd off. the auto got an input from the vss to the ecu the sent another signal to the speedo. somewhere along your vss signal line, splice the wire with the blu/wht wire running to the back of your speedo. the other end, not connected to the cluster, is on the pass side behind the fuses.

if this dont work, i do have some other notes scribbled here but i dont remember doing it, but ill tell ya it if the speedo wont work

kaos1081

Reaction score
Its been raining over my way have not been able to get to it. Plus Ive been sick also. This week I will be going out of state also so maybe in about two weeks will I be able to work on my car and finish the head gasket job also. :explode:

Lloyd

Reaction score
Thanks Badger for posting this...I'm just getting to the final wiring stage myself and could use all the info I can get.

Lloyd

Back