need help

keola

Reaction score
well more like i need some questions answered. im sourcing parts for a 5speed swap for my 6th gen, and a local shop has a 5th gen accord and is willing to sell me everything for 500 bucks. will the pedals/cables/linkage/etc all fit??

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
well more like i need some questions answered. im sourcing parts for a 5speed swap for my 6th gen, and a local shop has a 5th gen accord and is willing to sell me everything for 500 bucks. will the pedals/cables/linkage/etc all fit??

500 bucks is too much, some of the parts will fit, Im not sure about the hydrolic lines though, you should probably just look around for 6thgen stuff. Our cars are pretty old now, parts are everywhere.

keola

Reaction score
well 500 is including the tranny. and theres barely any 5speed 6g parts here in hawaii. or on my island at least.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
How many miles are on the transmission???? The f22 transmission will work with the car, but you need a manual ecu from 98-2002 as well. You will need a drivers side axle and intermediate shaft. A manual starter, and a few other MISC things, like flywheel bolts and stuff. The only thing I would be concerned about are; the miles on the transmission and if the clutch hydrolic lines fit.\

If you miles are low on the tranny, then it should be okay, but if they are over 100,000 miles. I would ask the shop to open it up to make sure all the synchros are in good condition before you go through the trouble of installing it and a gear grinds.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i made a list in the master DIY thread of the 6th gen specific parts needed

most of the stuff will work but you will need to buy some more parts

Back