Need help

roybattyli

Reaction score
Im a newbie and i want to seriously soup up my 2000 ex 4 cyl. Im in the New York city area and I would like to know if anyone knows of any good racing shops that do professional work.

white beauty

Reaction score
welcome to the site, damn thats a pretty nice budget lol, id say swap out the motor for an H22 i/h/e it, chip it and ur good performance wise, if u want u could could boost and spray it later, but first do a whole new suspension setup, coilovers, shocks, struts and sways, good luck with ur build

Last edited:

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
Do you have a manual transmission or auto? If its MT your budget will easily allow you to boost the f23 with great results which will help your craving for speed. I'd also get a good suspension set up as recommended above, coilovers, sway bars, strut braces etc.. going fast in a straight line is fun and all but you can never go wrong with good handling too. If its got an auto tranny I don't think its worth putting any money into the engine to be honest..

roybattyli

Reaction score
does anybody know of a shop in the new york area where i can get this done?

TheTanSedan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 5pdcoupe
coilovers, sway bars, strut braces etc.. going fast in a straight line is fun and all but you can never go wrong with good handling too

ditto x2
do the whole suspension first.. with the 5k, u can get really good coilover setup for 1000 (Omni, Tein, Skunk2, etc)... 300-400 gets u all your strut bars\tie bars... 300 gets the sways... mayb 300-400 for all misc items (camber kits, new nuts bolts and washers)... another 1k for some nice rims\wheels....

and u still got around 2k left over for exterior mods, interior mods, or engine..

if ur car 5pd, nice... depends which way u wanna go, NA or Boost ???

Back