Need new parts, looking for what will work best.

Sedare

Reaction score
I need new upper ball joints both sides, CV axels both sides, and wheel bearings both sides. I plan on doing this myself, but I am looking for input as to what ones I should buy. Ebay is my current leaning... on 500$ budget.

I drive this car 500 miles a week, but I drive in North Dakota. I drive 68 miles one way, 2 stop signs, 5 turns, and one is my driveway. Looking for something to keep this car on the road.

001Stunna

Reaction score
OEM. I wouldn't use eBay suspension parts if you paid me.
Check hondapartscheap.com or oemacuraparts.com for decent prices on OEM.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I'd consider the below parts then (assumed a 99 accord 4cyl automatic and used a zipcode in Langdon for shipping rate)
Total. 442.11$ shipped for (left/right axle, left/right upper control arm and ball joint, front left/right hub, front left/right bearing, front left/right bearing clip). You will need to get a shop with a press to press the bearing into the new hub. This way it'll be a straight swap when you install it and you won't have longer downtime with the car by reusing the old hub and getting the old bearing pressed out and in of it.
rockautopartscatalog.jpg

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
I would tell you to get yourself on RockAuto and pick the parts for a standard/manual yourself but i'm feeling generous and can't seem to catch much sleep anyways lol...

Total $440.86 using coupon code "MMAR3113" for 5% off
*only thing that changes is the left axle
*Moog parts and axles also carry a lifetime warranty
*Bearing and hub has a 12month warranty
42734835.png

Last edited:

Sedare

Reaction score
Ok. Does any of this matter if I have a coilover kit? Im going to sign up and use that coupon code tonight.

I guess I should really have been more detailed. It was really late last night when I posted and I stayed up and updated. What you have given me as of yet is epic awesome.

So. Here is my issue. I have 5 16s 2 rims are warped, going to swap to 15s short term since I have my own tire machine, because I have HORRRRRRRRRRRID tire wear issues. I burn through new tires in 2-4k miles. So right now, I just use used tires. I have a camber kit, but since I live in North Dakota, the nearest person with intelligence with aligning aftermarket suspension is probably in the twin cities, 8 hours away. I cant drive the car over 45mph without the back end losing traction and pulling random directions depending on what tire grabs. Nobody in town will align the car until the suspension is repaired. I need to have this car running at any given time, I need to have all parts that I MIGHT need, and I have the time to do everything myself next week. Everything but the bearing pushing tool.

I assumed I need ball joints, are the control are needed? Going to have on hand the Lower as well (There is a lower I assume...) and CV joints are both gone. I was unaware the CV axel had 2 boots, and since I live in North Dakota, and it commonly reaches -30 to -40 in the winter, I need something that will withhold these conditions while going 65mph.
Bearings just seemed like good maintanence. I have 4 wheel disc brakes all around on 5 lug hubs froma V6. And I am pretty sure the suspension kit and coilover kit were purchased off of ebay 4 years ago. I cant remember because a friend helped me with it and the car has been parked for over a year right now.

Its time to get this thing rolling right.

Last edited:
Back