Need new tranny

DMaldonado93

Reaction score
whats going on its been a while. But I need some help on what to do with my accord V6 with a bad tranny. I actually just bought a whole parts car with a good motor and tranny.

What I was thinking was swapping the entire motor and tranny and I know they are attached to the subframe which I actually need too so what all would be involved in swapping.

My car is a 98 and the parts car is a 00 with the same motor but the newer one has coil packs is there anything extra that would need done to run the new motor in the old car?

Or im open to hear opinions of others to what would be the best route to take right now?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I have no idea how you can keep COP when you're wired for a dizzy, nor do I know how to fit a dizzy on a COP car...

but AFAIK the mechanical parts are close enough to swap.

FNCONE

Reaction score
Well if you're swapping the entire motor, I know the PCM, ECM , computer (w.e you know it as) controls the coil packs. Maybe it's possible, swap ECM with the wire harness and it will work? (I'm assuming here guys, just the engine harness) I can get a diagram for the coil pack system. Not sure if my alldata has the Dizzy setup since mine is an Accord 2001 V6 account. We can also compare all ECM plugs and plugs from the engine bay, but once again my account is for a V6 with coil packs. Sometimes it does let me know where pin outs are for other years. It's a start. Let me know what you think OP and XCI. XCI I know you don't really like the alldata ones but worth a shot.

FNCONE

Reaction score
I can get you ECM Pinouts also if we want to compare that next.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Lol, yeah...alldata...
sometimes they steal diagrams directly from the manufacturer.

I think some Honda's are stolen, but some obviously aren't, probly depends on the car.

Back