Need some help with decision making

What should I do? need help with suggestion!

• Keep looking and try buying 04 R32

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Sell Honda and buy Acura CL-S

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep Honda and put a turbo on it

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Keep Honda till summer and buy something else

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

turbo_911

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Here's the some thinking for you. Vote for what YOU would do if you were in my shoes and WRITE what I SHOULD do lol. Sounds confusing, huh?

I have 2000 Honda Accord 5 speed with 122k on it. I have only $500 spare money, as I payed most of my loans and still have some loans. I hate my car because it is slow, but I love it at the same time because of how much work I have done to it. I've had it for 2.5 years now. Now I want something faster.

Here's the situation. At first I wanted VW R32, started to look at some and saw that prices were a bit high. Mainly was looking for 2004 with 75k+ miles on it and for less than $14k. Really hard to find something like that.

Then I looked at 2003 Acura CL-S 6-speed found couple for a good price but with 98k on it.

If I buy an Acura, I would plan to keep it for 1.5-2 years, till I finish college and then buy something nicer. If I buy R32 planning to keep it for at least 3 years. If I keep my honda the way it is, I want to sell it this summer or if I put a turbo on it, then keep it for another year or so.

Cliff notes:
Should I get broke and buy R32
Should I sell my Honda and get Acura CL-S and drive it for 1-2 years?
Should I sell my Honda and buy something during this summer? But what?
Or should I keep my Honda and buy a turbo kit for it and keep it for 1-2 years?

Help me out. Thanks.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't dig a deeper hole until I got myself out of the current one. The only way I would consider buying another car and creating a payment is if I had a couple grand stacked up if something hit the fan. Don't those v dubs have electrical issues, like catching on fire issues? I'm not 100% on that though. Also why jump into a car payment to only keep the car for 2-3 years tops? I'd keep the accord until the debt were nulled then start shopping for a really nice long term vehicle. Just my 0.02

turbo_911

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't dig a deeper hole until I got myself out of the current one. The only way I would consider buying another car and creating a payment is if I had a couple grand stacked up if something hit the fan. Don't those v dubs have electrical issues, like catching on fire issues? I'm not 100% on that though. Also why jump into a car payment to only keep the car for 2-3 years tops? I'd keep the accord until the debt were nulled then start shopping. Just my 0.02

Well thing is I could sell my car for around $7k that's with all the extra parts I have (selling them separately). I wouldn't take any loans, my mom will help me with $4k tops lol.

As for loans with school, I will pay them out once I am out from school, that's only a summer worth of job. There aren't many. Its just I am a bit tired of my slow car and plus it eats gas like my past Acura CL that I had before.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Keep the Accord and boost it, did you really need my opinion on that one? ;)

Udachi!

Vdubs don't have catching on fire issues.. Those are Fiero's. Vdubs have short-circuit electrical problems, and also "might as well be on fkn fire, because by the time you're done trying to figure it out, you'd wish the car burnt down" issues hahaha.

Last edited:

turbo_911

Reaction score
To keep the car and boost it was my 1st option, but then again how do I check if my engine is ready for it? I keep hearing loud ticking sounds when it's cold (not knoking) it's the valves ticking, I did adjust them 3 times last year lol

Also, I read a lot of reviews and registered on VWvortex forums and found out that R32 has the least problems of all VW's. Not a lot of recalls either.

They sound soooo nice though lol.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Be responsible.

Pay off your Honda and drive it through college. Boost it

Also insurance would be outrageous on the VW R32.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Be responsible.

Pay off your Honda and drive it through college. Boost it

Also insurance would be outrageous on the VW R32.

Oh my Honda is long payed off, lol I payed for it right at the dealer when bought it used :)

The loans I have are from college :) Those I won't have to pay till 2013 with no percent :)

It's just I want something faster while I am in college ( I drive now 12 miles a day max) Not sure what I want to do. Can't drive stock car anymore, it's been 2.5 years now. hehe

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Ok then I change my mind.

If insurance price doesn't affect u and Honda is paged off sell and buy the VW for sure. You only live once.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Lol, that would make me add around $5k-$7k more which I don't really have but will make me lucky if I find R32 for $12k. That's why I started to look for CL-S and found one for $8500

Another thought was turbo route, but maintenance? I can't figure out the total of how much I will have to spend on turbo with tuning and everything.

Back