need some low end power.

white beauty

Reaction score
nice reserach 5spdcoupe, maybe i will be the guinnea pig and try it lol i willing to try anything right now. as for putting my stock airbox back in, no way, i had that same set up with a K&N drop-in as well, and once i put my sri in it felt like i gained 10 hp, jk but i did feel a slight difference and look to the engine bay and the sound it gave my car is something im not willing to give up, something i may do though is put in a cai, ive heard that they give power all through the power band but ive aslo heard they only give power in the upper rpms, can anyone confirm exactly. Also i live in miami and go to college in orlando, both areas rain is an issue, so im also really hesitant to get a cai cause i dont want to have to worry about water getting in and the bypass valve not working.

02AccordSir

Reaction score
From what ive seen an SRI will not make you loose torque, it will actually gain it, its CAI that looses just a little bit, as for the throttle body spacer, it works better on V6 or V8 cars, on our cars it gives you a little bit in the mid rpms but nothing noticible. Good luck bud.

tiktawk

Reaction score
What type of header do you have? A 4-2-1 will have more torque than a 4-1.

How old are your plugs? I just replaced mine and it really seemed to help the car between 2000 and 3000 rpms.

white beauty

Reaction score
i have DC sports ceramic header 4-2-1, and my plugs are brand new, NGK iridium. im not saying that my car is like a slug of the line, it moves just not as quick as i would like,and with all the noise its making its sounds like its moving quicker than it really is lol, the header and sri setup i have on now has made a noticable difference in top end power and maybe i just have to accept that our cars dont have low end and there is really nothing that will help, besides bolting turbo or nitrous, if anyone has any more advice fell free , thanks for all the input

Last edited:

Sonnick

Reaction score
Toyota's 2.4L direct injection & Nissan's 2.5L
Good call.

White Beauty, nitrous would definitely be the way to go. Just for input tho..I just looked at my dyno and I made 130wtq @2200 rpms. Not great, but not bad for our cars either, and I have I/H/E.

white beauty

Reaction score
damn sonnick thats actually pretty good for our cars, i may go for a nitrous setup, but after my msd ignition mishap i dont want to do any more engine work that is not a bolt-on, for a while at least, i think im just going to start focusing on making my car look better for a while, its just easier lol

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nitrous isn't gonna give you low end, cuz it'd be pointless to spray under 3k rpms. You'll just spin wheels or blow the auto tranny. I thought of something the other day that might might give you some low end but I can't remember now, lol.

Back