need suspension help!!

JDMFanatik

Reaction score
i live in Jersey and winter is coming soon but i want to lower my car and cant really decide how. i dont know if either use coilovers or lowering springs. i dont know if i should go with coilovers because i heard the ride is very stiffer, but i can always raise it if a blizzard comes. in the other hand lowering suspension i heard is softer but unfortunately cant raise, and can i still use these things with my factory struts? thanks for your help people..

kconn

Reaction score
well what u can do is this....

buy springs that will drop u around 1.5 -2.0

then get adjustable struts and just change those when the snow comes... closest thing to coilovers, but u get better quality ride ;)

lwlba

Reaction score
coilovers. get adjustable ones if ur worrying about stiff rides

JDMFanatik

Reaction score
you mean like adjustable like adjusting hight? and what can i do to prevent them from getting stuck because some of my friends have coilovers and they cant adjust it becuase they tend to get stuck and corroded? thanks

stupidaznmunkey

Reaction score
you mean like adjustable like adjusting hight? and what can i do to prevent them from getting stuck because some of my friends have coilovers and they cant adjust it becuase they tend to get stuck and corroded? thanks
Get coilovers like Teins or Apexi WS. They will provide quite a soft ride - as far as "what is a coilover", an adjustable spring+shock setup is technically considered a coilover, but you would probably want a single coilover unit.

Try and look for monotube coilovers - they offer more dampening/smoother rides than say dual tube (whatever its called) coilovers. :)

Goodluck!

[email protected].

Reaction score
I've had the AMR coilovers on for a couple weeks, and love 'em. The damping valve adjusts 8 ways, so they can go from full stiff to pretty close to stock. Mine are at the 2nd notch from softest, and with 50 series tires, the ride is very tolerable.

AMR also has a very slick idea on the ring that serves as the spring perch. The way is locks and moves is great. On the bottom there's only one ring to move and it tightens against the bottom tube instead of against another ring- no knuckle-busting.

Whatever you have for struts or coilovers, Andy gave me a good tip. When they're new, or good and clean, spray them down w/ silicone spray. It keeps dirt and crud from baking on, and they'll clean up w/ a hose-down.

I need to get over an post in the Feedback forum. The AMR's rock.

Back