Need Your help with tire size for 18" staggered rims

nick123

Reaction score
My vehicle is 98 v6 4dr white sedan. I have a set of tork mattrix 18x8 (F) and 18x9(R) with 40 offset and I am considering 215-40-18 tires for (F) and 225-40-18 tires for (R). Do you think I should go with 225-40-18 all around?

With either of these set up and will be lower on FF coilovers will I be rubbing and anywhere? How lower should i go? I am new at this so go easy on me. I will relocate the rear fender bumper tab.

Your inputs will be appreciated...thanks....

just want to share a couple of pics...my clear coat is peeling like a hot babe a week after sun burn....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
img3963c.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us [/img]

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
It'll be stretched pretty good in the rear on a 9 inch rim. As for rubbing F&F are height adjustable, so if they rub raise the car a hair or two.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sounds like you're lowering quite a bit, in which case i'd say the 215's at the front and 225's at the rear is the way to go. And yes if you want to tuck, you'll need to roll.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
May want to run a bit of camber in the rears as well as roll the fenders/relocate the tab.

-2 or so should be good for the camber in the rears if you plan on dropping it low enough to tuck.

nick123

Reaction score
Guys, I do appreciate all your comments to confirm my decision. I will go with 215 (F) and 225 (R) tires and roll the rear fenders. I don't think i need to roll the front fenders. Thanks ...again

nick123

Reaction score
Ken,
thank you....Hey the ff coilovers from you is very nice i will install them this weekend...things are coming together nicely....

Latest posts

Back