Neuspeed Sport low enough with 17s?

HomerJay

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Coupe EX. The new wheels are 17"x7" with 225/45/17 rubber.

I'll have to measure once my car is back from the body shop...(soon!)... :thumbsup: ...but I think there is at least 4-5" clearance over front and rear tires.

Would Neuspeed Sport springs yield a pretty painless lowering? Would they be enough with 17" wheels? I just want to remove some of that gap! Pretty much so it rides like a BMW or Acura TL. More aggressive and low, not slammed. The Sports are almost 2" and from what I've read they're pretty decent.

Oh, I'm also looking at replacing shocks with Koni. I've read good things about them. I've liked what I've read about Neuspeed, too...anyone running this combination?

I'm not going to be doing the work myself. Is this something any shop can do? Or is there something special about installing a lowering suspension that requires a different type of shop?

Thanks!... :beer:

Last edited:

and_one

Reaction score
yeah i the drop is enough for your car...i kno blindside had his car with the same specs i believe and his drop was mild but nice...i have sports on with 18s so my gap is a little less than what he had

HomerJay

Reaction score
and_one said:
yeah i the drop is enough for your car...i kno blindside had his car with the same specs i believe and his drop was mild but nice...i have sports on with 18s so my gap is a little less than what he had
Thanks! I found blindside's car...if it's the red one on the 5 spoke wheels... :thumbsup: ...also I could deal with a little more gap than you have (17s vs. 18s). I just don't want a 4x4 Accord much longer (and I haven't even gotten her back yet)... :p

steadypimpin

Reaction score
I have neuspeed sports and I think its a great drop, not too low. Just right and rides really good almost like stock.

thatonedude

Reaction score
i have teins s-tech and they are nice but you should do this yourselve. it isnt that hard and its good to know for when you might want to swap something out

HomerJay

Reaction score
thatonedude said:
i have teins s-tech and they are nice but you should do this yourselve. it isnt that hard and its good to know for when you might want to swap something out
I know nothing about cars...suspension can't be *that* easy. I'm reading instructions and seeing notes about knowing brakes, etc. Yeah...I don't know those either... :(

blindside

Reaction score
You'll have a decent drop with the set up your aiming for.. i'm not really sure if there's any difference in drop with the coupe and sedan gap wise.. but yeah go for it, if your getting shocks get the illuminas (koni) it's adjustable :)

Back