New 4 speed vs. Cl-s 6 speed

mo.v6accord

Reaction score
How much is the cost for a swap to a 6 speed? Trannys starting to go to crap, and I can get a new one with heavy duty torque converter and cooler for 1000 and do the install myself. Not sure what option to take.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Search it up. But a 6spd swap is at least 3 times what you're looking at to replace the auto.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
RedRyder, Juicyyaccord both listed pretty detailed specifics for their builds, as did MikeyMike.

Depending on your availability of funds, you may want to look in to picking up a CL-S(already posted in the F/S forum), or a swapped Accord(already posted in the F/S forum).

Should you decide to do a 6spd swap, you are getting close to the price listed of the CL-S. Not to mention the CL-S already comes with what you would be putting in to your Accord anyway, and then some.

JetLife

Reaction score
RedRyder, Juicyyaccord both listed pretty detailed specifics for their builds, as did MikeyMike.

Depending on your availability of funds, you may want to look in to picking up a CL-S(already posted in the F/S forum), or a swapped Accord(already posted in the F/S forum).

Should you decide to do a 6spd swap, you are getting close to the price listed of the CL-S. Not to mention the CL-S already comes with what you would be putting in to your Accord anyway, and then some.

Honestly IMO i hate the way CL-s look. Accords >>>> CL (looks) lol

Reaction score

do they have j32s? has anybody done a j37 or a j36 or j35?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yes CL-S has J32.

I haven't seen a J37 swap, but several people have done J35/J36. Spend some time on V6P, more info and swapped Accords over there.

Search is your friend.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
do they have j32s? has anybody done a j37 or a j36 or j35?

Not sure if you were asking if the swapped Accords have J32's, but yes, they do.

There are two members on here with a J35 and one with a J36.

V6P has more variety of swapped and boosted Accords. There is a J37, and you can also check on Acurazine for swapped/boosted info as well.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
As much as the 6spd swap is, it seems more than a few members skipped it due to cost, only to have their next auto fail again. I don't own an V6, or an AT for that matter but unless someone has figured out how to make the stock V6 trannys last, you may find yourself in the same situation again.

If it were me, I would strongly consider the swap but is coming from someone who has never owned an AT, outside of my project car that was given to me and that would be swapped if it was easy and readily available stateside.

Back