New Accord from NYC

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You won’t see much during the day with an odo LED, just a slight circular colored hue in the middle. At night it should be pretty evenly lit though. If you’re not getting good output, try a different bulb type. I think I have all WLED-5x bulbs from SBL in my cluster.

Metalp3n

Reaction score
At night it's BARELY much brighter. Actually what I see is significant brightness on the outskirts of the center of the display (that make sense?). Then towards the center - dark as hell. What's weird is It's a forward facing LED. Hmm.

Looks like I should just order a correct set. Any idea what the LED bulb is for the clock?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
From what you're describing it sounds like there are radial firing LED's, but no forward firing. You said there was a front facing LED though, so not sure man. Guess I'd just try a new one.

Clock is a 3mm bulb if I remember correctly. I think Mikey made a thread about that, which has some other useful info too for getting max brightness, check it out. If you can't find it let me know.

Metalp3n

Reaction score
Honestly dude I have about 7 different threads bookmarked with each one giving me a little bit more info about this bulb, and another with info about another bulb lol. It's a bit disorganized.

I got that the cluster is T5 neo-wedge bulbs.

I'm assuming the climate control ones are T5 neo-wedge also, and then the smaller ones are T4? And then I guess the clock is T3?

How I wish there was just one thread with everything lol.

Oh the LED I used for the mileage display has ONLY 1 forward facing LED.

Metalp3n

Reaction score
So continuing on with the changes lol. I changed out all the speakers. Got a good deal on some Pioneer TS-A6965R 6x9's and Pioneer TS-G1644R 6.5's for $90 - brand new at the local Best Buy - and then spent the next few hours getting it all installed.

The biggest headache honestly was getting the stock rear deck covers to fit over these - with the stock screws as the supplied screws simply didn't work.

Now I know my audiophiles will get upset I changed the speakers before the HU - but I couldn't continue to drive around with blown speakers - and there is no good local deal on a double-din HU so I'll have to wait until it comes in.

Oh I debadged her while I was back there. Figured I might as-well.

Metalp3n

Reaction score
So I've finally been here long enough to post pictures:

j7ds.jpg

fiud.jpg

jfre.jpg

occl.jpg

kbxs.jpg

qr2u.jpg

v957.jpg

6ccq.jpg

Back