New Accord from NYC

Metalp3n

Reaction score
I have some Luce Produkt LED's around - about 5 Wedge base 74s and a bunch of wedge base 194's. From what I see in the write ups the gauge lights seem to be plug and play with those bulbs.

The A/C needs to be soldered and removed from the wedge base.

Any idea about the transmission lights? (P,R,N,D4, etc)

I figure going with white honestly for a simple and clean look. The radio I'm not too worried about as I plan to swap that out anyway.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
I'll second that you should stay away from LED Automotive. In my gauge cluster, I have all LED Automotive bulbs. The tach lasted maybe a week, and the speedo is getting very finicky at times. While they have great customer service, the bulbs just are not worth it.

I've heard decent things about V-LED's and Superbright. Superbright I'll have to check up on though.

Metalp3n

Reaction score
Is LEDAutomotive the only ones who sell LED's with no soldering required? I was looking at the bulbs for the climate controls and I don't think i've seen them sold anywhere with those bases already?

Metalp3n

Reaction score
Oh, where the hell are the stock tweeters? Also are our door speakers 6.5?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Oh yea, Evan you were the other person I was thinking of that had them.

I have some Luce Produkt LED's around - about 5 Wedge base 74s and a bunch of wedge base 194's. From what I see in the write ups the gauge lights seem to be plug and play with those bulbs.

The A/C needs to be soldered and removed from the wedge base.

Any idea about the transmission lights? (P,R,N,D4, etc)

I figure going with white honestly for a simple and clean look. The radio I'm not too worried about as I plan to swap that out anyway.

Gauge lights are plug and play. However there is a light blue film that has to be removed from the back of the gauge faces to get pure white. If you put white in as is, it will look fine but just be more of a light blue.

The only soldered bulbs on the CC unit are the three slim profile indicator lights above the buttons (currently amber). The rest are plug and play. All the bulbs on the radio are soldered, but you're replacing that.

The lights on the auto shifter use one bulb, I have one still around if you want it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Is LEDAutomotive the only ones who sell LED's with no soldering required? I was looking at the bulbs for the climate controls and I don't think i've seen them sold anywhere with those bases already?

You buy the LED bulbs, then swap bases from the old to the new. The filament bulbs just pull out.

Oh, where the hell are the stock tweeters? Also are our door speakers 6.5?

Tweeters are toward the front of the dash panel near the windshield. Door speakers are 6.5.

Metalp3n

Reaction score
So - ripped apart the gauge cluster - changed out to LED's - now mind you totally wrong ones. They are side facing, one way, 2 on each side T5's. It's what I had at the moment - and it worked. I'll post a picture once my account is allowed to.

I did replace the mileage display one with a center facing 194 - I had those. The difference? A TINY bit brighter. I was surprised. Everything else was nice and bright. Ideas? It seems like there's just a dark spot right in the center.

My D4 green light went off - YAY. So i'll have to get to those next. I also had absolutely nothing that fit the AC controls - however my main AC display suddenly starting working - while the light for the dials on both sides stopped. Seems interesting.

No bulb for the clock either - so I'll still have to do that.

Managed to get a 74 that I had for the drive selector display in the center console - it unfortunately was too tall so it doesn't screw in - however it sits just fine honestly and lights it up.

I did change all the dome and the door lights to LED 194's - much better now with a black interior especially.

The ease with which this car comes apart amazes me day in and day out.

BTW I'll get to an audio store this week hopefully and start working on that.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
It's pretty easy to get to everything. Reminds me how much I don't want a newer car where everything is integrated lol.

Metalp3n

Reaction score
Any ideas why replacing the mileage display LED produced absolutely no real effect on the brightness of the display. It seems like there's just a dark spot right in the center for no reason.

Back