New Coilovers orderd

001Stunna

Reaction score
:goyou:

lol, Im getting ahold of a compressor.....

You just need these kind
00947057000-1

...not a full out spring/shock compressor.

Check and see if you can rent them from your local auto store.

Give these a read to get an idea what you will be doing if you wish...

REAR

FRONT

bwizard

Reaction score
If there is ever a good time for a cv boot to tear, it was yesterday.... After an hour drive from Orlando, I noticed what looked like oil sprayed down the passenger side skirt...pulled the wheel and saw the cv boot was torn. I guess it slung some grease out when it warmed up from the hour run and it misted down the side. Did some research last night and learned its easier to just replace the whole shaft. I went by Auto Zone on the way to work this am and picked up the spring compressors on their loaner program and a new cv shaft. Shaft was $59 for a brand new one. There are some good videos on Youtube, I learned quite a bit today. Im off Wednesday, so Ill see how far I can get with everything and report back. :ugh2:

ry%3D480

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Oh ****... Have fun with that. I guess if you gotta take the **** apart anyways haha

Although that is not going to be an easy task. I accidentally knocked a ball out once, and was afraid I'd have to take the whole damn axle out. Got it back in... Hopefully it all goes smoothly for you.

bwizard

Reaction score
Oh ****... Have fun with that. I guess if you gotta take the **** apart anyways haha

Although that is not going to be an easy task. I accidentally knocked a ball out once, and was afraid I'd have to take the whole damn axle out. Got it back in... Hopefully it all goes smoothly for you.

I am optimistic at this point....check this guy out.... he does a lot of Honda stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jydx...qXl6mHIp7aCKlc62_P&index=1&feature=plpp_video

I also bought myself a nice pair of used snap on 3/8 and 1/2 impacts :ohsnap:

ry%3D480

001Stunna

Reaction score
Taking out the passenger axle will mean you better drain all the tranny fluid out first if you don't want it to leak all over you when you pull the axle. Another thing which is all up to you but since you're doing all of this...consider replacing the axle seal on the tranny as well(~$10 part). Pull the old seal off carefully not scratching the tranny and tap the new seal in place with a socket thats about the same size as the seal. Tap the seal in place gently until its body is flush with the transmission casing...not until the outer portruding lip is flush.

If your car has abs make sure the new axle you bought has an abs toner ring, that both axles have the same amount of splines in the inner/outer sides and that they're both the same length when placed next to each other.

The axle nut should be a 32mm socket. Be careful with the rubber brake line when moving the knuckle around so you do not tear it or put excessive strain on it.

Last edited:
Back