New Head unit recommendations

eggyhustles

Reaction score
Ever had problems with em and had to bring it in for service? My dealer said he had A LOT come back. Perhaps he was referring to double din dvd/nav units?

Never. i went from the dnx8120 to the 9140 and they've been perfect

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Yeah thats like apples and oranges. I guess the 7990 F1 and H900 would be more of a comparison?

I def like how Pioneer has a lot of bang for it's buck. They are also going for that simple design so color OLED graphix are minimal. :thumbup:
yep...F#1 are comparable designs. they all run for so much :skurred: $1500+

ive stuck it out with my headunit all these years cause its simple and bulletproof. even with a basic LCD its so clear and bright...

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
There is absolutely NO point in buying the Alpine 9887 unless you plan on using Imprint, simply put. In my opinion, my installers opinion, and everyone who has demoed my car agree that Alpine + Imprint (done properly) blows the ****ing doors off anything Pioneer has ever created. Granted I have some nice speakers, but most sq enthusiasts indulge in nice components anyway. This includes the P9 and whatever else they've discontinued. While the Pioneer may have a "warm" sound to it, there are way too many things it lacks for me to spend my dime on. No offense... just my experience. Plus I don't want to blow fuses. :hahano:

I bought my HU from woofers etc and my HU is now non functional. No HPF, LPF, clicking noise because the power board or something was shot and some other weird stuff. Perhaps I got that 1 bad unit from production. :eh: I guess I should know better than to buy stuff online. Hopefully Alpine will bless me by replacing the unit so I can sell it. I'm upgrading to a W505 and installing Imprint again to raise the voltage and keep that beautiful sound I had.

RIP 9887. W505 will be in next week. :bowdown:
IMG_0120.jpg

BTW Alpine quality isn't any less. They, along with EVERYONE ELSE, are having to make budget changes. Sometimes this affects quality. Customer service and warranty will fix any problems.

:omgbd:9887 + imprint = aint nuttin to f*ck with. and ryan your right i see the cc knobs and dual knobs on the HU go good together.... and xx24xx what do u mean by imprint DONE PROPERLY? is there a wrong way to do it? (not being sarcastic) i have a 9886 in my car but before i bought it i was thinking about getting the 9887 but my audio setup is very simple so i didnt see the need to get the 9887 and install the imprint and all if im just running some type r coaxials with no amp nor sub and im planning on keeping it that way.

Last edited:

xx24xx

Reaction score
:omgbd:9887 + imprint = aint nuttin to f*ck with. and ryan your right i see the cc knobs and dual knobs on the HU go good together.... and xx24xx what do u mean by imprint DONE PROPERLY? is there a wrong way to do it? (not being sarcastic) i have a 9886 in my car but before i bought it i was thinking about getting the 9887 but my audio setup is very simple so i didnt see the need to get the 9887 and install the imprint and all if im just running some type r coaxials with no amp nor sub and im planning on keeping it that way.

You really have to know what you're doing... to tune the Imprint properly. There is more to it than just running a program with a mic. If it's not done in a certain way it won't be at it's full potential. To tell you the truth I don't know every step. But the guy I paid to do it does. :badger:

Back