New Here - 99 Coupe Lx 5spd swapped

midnight_accord

Reaction score
whats goin on every one. im loving this site and everyone seems like cool peeps. i have a 1999 accord lx with the ulev motor. im on my 2nd engine and 3rd tranny. did all the work myself. im a mecp certified tech at best buy in riverhead, ny. i live in rocky point on long island and am an admin on a forum and car club which is to combine every car make and type together and we have weekly meets and events. check out the site if youd like. www.lituners.net. me and a couple guys started this up and its gettin pretty big.

im having some issues with my 5spd swap tho. with the spedo, vtec, 5k rev limit, loose clutch pedal. pm me plz if you can help me. the auto ecu is still in so i need the 5spd ecu and to get the keys chipped to it but still unsure if its gonna fix the spedo and yeah.

i love this forum its great

P5010110.jpg

P5010114.jpg

Last edited:

CHID0

Reaction score
I got your PM, hit me up on any of my IM's.

Badger is a good source of info too.

CHID0

Reaction score
If the wiring is right, get the 5spd ECU in and hopefully that solves the prob....if not double check the wiring and if thats kosher, it could be a bad VSS. I got my 5spd ecu from the donor car and it was thrown in with a few other things for like 70 bux. I went to Honda to rechip the key and they were actin like douchebags but they did it. It cost me about 150 cause they said i needed a new key and that the old key wouldn't be able to be programmed unless the new/clean key was programmed and they duplicated the coding from the new key to the old. I think it was BS though but i needed it done so i was like **** it.
As for the clutch pedal you should put a buildup of washers 1/2" to 3/4" (mine is 5/8" right now) between the firewall and the pedal assembly.

midnight_accord

Reaction score
yeah there old pics the stickers are all gone. thanks every1. oh and chid0 what did you do for the tranny mount. cause i custom fabbed a bracket to the fram but the welds keep breaking i need it professionally done.

yeah tell me bout my ride height. ima get ebiach pro system kit at a 2inch drop

CHID0

Reaction score
I got the 5spd tranny mount

you should do sportlines, lower drop

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
welcome to the site.

as for the 5k limit, its cuz your auto ecu thinks your car is in park. if you were to take out the auto tranny when you had it in d4, you wouldnt have that problem, haha.

but the car looks good. not really feeling the stickers, but its nice.

midnight_accord

Reaction score
thanks man. and yeah those are old pics ill get some new ones on soon. took the stickers off a while ago. any1 know of any1 selling a 5spd ecu? i need one bad

Back