new hood suggestions

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
cantafordaccord said:
why not just sand the crap out of your current hood and have it re-painted????

cheaper and easy

I agree, just sand the **** out of it and have it painted. Thats prolly the cheapest way to go.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Your cheapest option is going to be to try to find a used one in the same color. I was thinking about buying a new trunklid and found one in my color that was claimed to be clean in about 5 phone calls. I never got it though, changed my plans. That would be my first suggestion.

Second, like already stated, unless it has dents, just use your old one. You can just strip it too to save time.

CF, i agree with you, i'm not a fan. The only thing is your car is black so it wouldn't be to noticeable. I've never been a fan (unless it's painted).

xluben

Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
Your cheapest option is going to be to try to find a used one in the same color. I was thinking about buying a new trunklid and found one in my color that was claimed to be clean in about 5 phone calls. I never got it though, changed my plans. That would be my first suggestion.

Second, like already stated, unless it has dents, just use your old one. You can just strip it too to save time.

CF, i agree with you, i'm not a fan. The only thing is your car is black so it wouldn't be to noticeable. I've never been a fan (unless it's painted).

i've been looking at car-part, but no luck yet. if i could find one undamaged, oem black, for <$150 i'd get it.

but i've really been wanting to do the coupe front end swap, so i'm looking for 98-00 coupe bumper/hood, undamaged, oem black, and i'm having no luck there as well.

carbon fiber is out, cause i think it looks dumb on anything that's not a racecar.

if i can't find anything at the junkyards i may have to try and sand down my stock hood :(

Back