New member from North Carolina

Merlin

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I just registered and wanted to say hey and introduce myself. My name is Doug and I have been looking for a second car for a couple weeks and happen to stumble on a 2001 Honda accord coupe, blue/tan leather interior. She is absolutely beautiful. 4 cyl/auto. I've always wanted a Honda and I really like the 6th generation body style. I spent some time yesterday evening looking for accord forums and this one is hands down the best I've found. The only issue I've found with her so far is that the 6 disk cd changer doesn't work. But I will search and post about it later. Anyway enough rambling. Hope everyone is doing well.

Doug

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Congrats, these cars in blue always look good.

How many miles on it?

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
Welcome!
I wouldnt bother with the 6disc... I had 3 of them and they all broke.. Better off getting a nice aftermarket replacement

Any plans to mod ur accord?

Merlin

Reaction score
Welcome!
I wouldnt bother with the 6disc... I had 3 of them and they all broke.. Better off getting a nice aftermarket replacement

Any plans to mod ur accord?

10-4 on the cd changer. I was afraid of that. I do like the look of the factory system though. Not sure about modding the Eng and tranny since they are 4 cyl auto. I would like to install a brake and suspension upgrade. Any suggestions? The Brembo kit for the accord in 3 grand but they only list it available for the 6cyl model. I'd like a kit for a grand or somewhere close. I've got some research ahead of me that's for sure.

Doug

Merlin

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Congrats, these cars in blue always look good.

How many miles on it?

Its higher miles. 160K. The tranny has just been rebuilt. I need to get the timing belt and everything that goes with it changed soon. I dont see any sign where that's been replaced yet.

Doug

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
Welcome to the site man.

There are tons of mods still happening on a daily basis so I am sure you will find plenty of stuff to do to yours.

Oh and to multi quote you press the icon to the left of the quote button on each quote and them the last one used press the quote button.

Just a little heads up for you. :)

Akingkhan

Reaction score
^ Multi quote button is on the right side of the quote button :lawl:

Welcome to the site & the 6thgen fam, have fun modding

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA. Make yourself at home. Happy modding. ;)

Merlin

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm new to the Honda scene but I've always been into cars. Just sold a 72 challenger that I restored, I've also had a 70 charger RT 440 and 70 Camaro SS 396. I spent the first several years out of High School doing body work. I do computer work as a living now. I hope to spend a good bit of time here and hope to be an asset to the community.

Doug

Back