New member from Virginia (Added pics of my wagon pg 3)

The Phantum

Reaction score
Hi everyone :beer: My name is Vic and I'm looking to buy my first 6th, looking at buying a coupe. Just sold my 1996 Accord EX wagon. Did it up with all kinds of JDM goodies, so sad to see it go, time for a new project LOL. I'm a stay at home dad now, been trained in auto body, also drafting & architecture.

I would like some input from the V6 owners though. Was wondering how they compare to the 4 cyl VTEC? The one I'm looking at now has the f23 with a 5 speed, was thinking how cool to do a H22 swap. Being around Hondas, I love opening the hood to show a motor swap. Since joining the sight, I've been looking at V6s and love what they are doing with them, especially the 6spd swap, bet that is fun as hell to drive. Been looking at the upgrades too. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated, might have to test drive some on Friday.

Any way hope to meet you all on here.

Vic

Last edited:

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Re: New member from Virginia

I have a v6 coupe and if i could do it again is get a white 4cyl 5spd coupe. I love the v6 and all but I'd rather have a boosted h22. Plus the v6 parts are very limited and more expensive then the 4cyl. Also our transmissions.......well that's another story. Get a 4cyl 5spd coupe.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

The Phantum

Reaction score

Thanks guys!! Glad to be here.

I saw the issues with the automatic. I've been a big fan of the H22, so I'm leaning to the f23 and 5spd.

Darianjr1

Reaction score

welcome guy and i mean if you treat her right you wont have much worrying to do. but also you wont need to worry once you swap it for a 6 speed :boink:....

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Welcome to 6GA. Any pics of the wagon?

If you have no plans/desire to swap a transmission, I would advise you not to buy a V6. If you only want to swap a motor, get a 5spd and do as others have said and swap in an H22, etc. Yes not all the V6 autos will die, mine was still strong at 133k miles, but I don’t think it’s worth the worry.

If you know your stuff and have the resources, it doesn’t get better than a J swap with a 6spd. ;)

Good luck with the car search!

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

I'd say get the I4 5MT if you can! But like Chris above said, if you have knowledge and resources the 3.2 6MT swap into the V6 model is unmatchable!

I'm Nikita by the way - welcome to the fam.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Accords 'n' 4's should only be the doors!

NO ONE is allowed to use that without acknowledging I said it!

That being said, J-series + 6spd will provided much fun and excitement, however, you can still have some fun with 1 less gear and 2 less cyclinders. There are examples of almost all the possible builds on this site, so it's just a matter of searching.

Welcome to the site, Vic.

Alot of knowledge and ideas for modding on here.

I would also suggest you check out the Product Review Forums to get pretty solid input on a wide variety of products.

greekpizza

Reaction score

Welcome. I'm also in va, be sure to look out for the va meets usually in summer. Weve got a pretty good community of va 6th gens. As far as your motor choice I would go with the f23 because of the transmission issue plus u can boost it and have something different. But welcome and hope to meet u at a va meet!!

The Phantum

Reaction score

Great to meet you all too. Looking forward to this year going to some meets and car shows.

Back