New member in NJ

vtfulton

Reaction score
So, whats a 2001 Accord LX w 9,500 miles worth? What could I sell it for?

Im not looking to sell, but Im curious to sell what kind of deal I got on the car.

Ill post what I have into it if I get responses.

Varnell

Reaction score
Really not sure. It comes down to what you're willing to pay. I personally stay away older cars with ridiculously low miles. Mostly because of swapped odometers, but also because I assume they've been sitting for years without being started or maintained. The rubber components are designed to be used.

Regardless, assuming it's low miles, good condition, not a rust bucket like everything else in NJ I'd guess somewhere between 7-10k. It's still an older car. It's not going to maintain its value or appreciate like a low mileage/well maintained NSX.

And what cleaning up could it need? Doesn't sound like the owner's drove it enough to even forget anything in it, spill anything, scratch it, etc.

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
Well, according to KBB, $4500. Excellent condition. To me that's sad. I think its not the condition of the car, but the technology in the car that depreciates it so much.

I don't know. I'll tell you right now I'd have no problem giving you a hell of a lot more than $4500 if it really is as great as it sounds. Like I said in your other thread, I'd consider doing the timing belt and other vitals like that. Just really to make sure everything is healthy and nothing is on its way out.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
If you have the real deal, I agree with varnell's 7k-10k. Of course they're not exactly desired cars like the nsx, crx, type r, etc. It finding the right person who is willing to pay that much though (me if I wasn't poor), but to most people it's still just another outdated honda

vtfulton

Reaction score
I have 8500 into it. I figured I pretty much paid full retail, I really couldn't sell it for much more, maybe I could get 9500 10K for it but thats it. But I bought it just to use it..

FNCONE

Reaction score
I did a bell for an old lady once, I needed to get to her garage to access the electrical panel. Her Honda Accord 2004 V6 was parked in it, she asked if I can move it since she cant see well at night...... 6000 and something miles....... I was like WTF :shakehead::shakehead:(this was 2013)

OP you can post pics?
you can also run a carfax if you think they swapped clusters. ( IIRC it tells you the mileage of the last registered owner)

james'99

Reaction score
OP you can post pics?
you can also run a carfax if you think they swapped clusters. ( IIRC it tells you the mileage of the last registered owner)

+1 on pics

And yeah, it will show the miles whenever anyone serviced it if it was logged or emissions inspections, etc.

vtfulton

Reaction score
I did the carfax before I bought the car and it came up clean. I even called the dealer in PA where it was serviced and they confirmed it was brought in every year for its annual registration and oil change.

Im going to post pics when I get a chance to give it a quick clean, its just not nice out yet. First day its a little warmer I will.

Back