New member saying HI!

As I Conspire

Reaction score
definitely a balljoint failure.

looks like there was a previous accident on the passenger side front, considering the bumper on that side is broken, the mirror was replaced and the door frame is kinda tore up.

but i got it all fixed, and its gonna be on the next thing soon enough.

As I Conspire

Reaction score
alrighty guys so i still have a pretty bad clunk, im HOPING that its coming from the rear mount.

stuff i got ready

- Intake Manifold Gasket Set
- Valve Cover Gasket Set
- Rear Engine Mount
- Clutch Master Cylinder
- Slave Master Cylinder
- Carb Cleaner

hopefully the rear mount being replaced will stop the knocking, if not ill be replacing the clutch, all of the control arms, and all of the ball joints.

BUT id like you guys to take a look at the picture, im missing #31, highlighted, would this cause excessive knocking in the mount? id say no but you never know.

engine-mounts-mt-1-456700_zpse6786f9f.png

so after this weekend when i replace all of this, ill report back, and let you guys know whats going on.

shyste

Reaction score
wow wish i was this car savy. best of luck with everything though! love the car!

shyste

Reaction score
also another thing. with your rust prevention...... is this something i can just spray under my car or is this something i should go and get done by a shop.

also can't wait to see your interior swap. i seen you put on the other forums. that you rather swap your interior our instead of "dying it" may i ask how that process is? i'm dying to get black interior but not sure how about to go with that.

and one more thing. i seen on those other forums someone said something about not being able to add coupe seats in a sedan. well i seen someone on instagram put in coupe seats in his sedan even the back seats!

As I Conspire

Reaction score
Interior swap wont be until next spring. Ill see about the leather seats. The zinc phosphate gets sprayed right on all over everything. Get it at por15.com. then I coated with actual por15 paint. Then undercoated it. Read more on their site.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

HotboxF23

Reaction score
that bolt you are missing shouldnt cause EXCESSIVE knocking in the mount it seems to be pretty secure with the other several bolts..replace it and the sound should be easier to isolate you should be able to get it from a JY its only a bolt

and man you said "change the clutch" like its a walk in the park lol also check radius arm bushings mines was shot and caused a huge knock in the front of my coupe thought it was the mount..but it wasnt

radius arms bolted to the top of the control arm here's a diagram of the bushings

As I Conspire

Reaction score
i know it wont be a walk in the park but i have the tools and patience to get it changed, i have changed one on an accord with a few hands which was only a few hours, but i pulled the trans out of my crx in less than an hour, by myself in the college parking lot, got quiet and audience too haha

ill check those radius rod bushings thanks for the tip !!

As I Conspire

Reaction score
also id like to point out im not trying to be pretentious, i know it will take forever, and it wont be easy, but i CAN get it done if needed

HotboxF23

Reaction score
i know it wont be a walk in the park but i have the tools and patience to get it changed, i have changed one on an accord with a few hands which was only a few hours, but i pulled the trans out of my crx in less than an hour, by myself in the college parking lot, got quiet and audience too haha

ill check those radius rod bushings thanks for the tip !!

man some feat i know people where like wdf this guyz crazy and you're all :haters:
but least your honest the hardest part i found about my clutch job was being without a car for days and also i dont have a garage/impacts/crane so i had to just pay Goodyear $1000...mfs he emailed the bill and im like :mf_pcwhack:

and no problem tho bro hope it helps ya

As I Conspire

Reaction score
only thing i DONT have is an impact or a lift. but a breakers bar and a few days of post PBBlaster spray helps alot.

id say the actual hardest thing to do would be to break ball joints, in my opinion.

just for fun i did manage to find the pictures some girl took while i started to remove my trans at college, there was a challenge; "remove this transmission within an hour" it ended up being right around 45 minutes. i ended up doing a full rebuild with new syncros and bearing, the shift forks broke on this trans.

100_1580_zps8d06699a.jpg

100_1581_zps3bc4a15c.jpg

they helped and we all got a beer!!!!

back to the accord, parts on the way. well see how it all goes

Back