2000_V6coupe

Reaction score
Hey I just picked up a bright red (not sure if it is san marino or milano) 2000 Accord Ex V6 coupe. Car has tan leather and a full factory lip kit and fogs. The car has 148,000 miles. Everything seems great except when i put the car in drive from reverse or park it jerks a little. I am fully aware of these accord's tranny issues. I got this car to escape expensive repair bills, I am going to the honda dealership in my area this week for a full tranny service. My question is how much typically does a tranny service cost and what do they do? But most importantly will it help me at all?
Thanks, BIll

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
they usually do that.

when you park your car, do you set the ebrake? if you dont, it would cause the jerking to be more pronounced. but i remember my old auto accord used to do that

2000_V6coupe

Reaction score
Ya I usually set my e brake, when I slide it from P to D4 it just BARELY jerks and then it jerks one more time before it seems to be completely done shifting. When In flooring it I can definitly feel a slight jerk when the tranny shifts. Will a dealer tranny service help me? Im kinda counting on it.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, it sounds liek its beginning to get bad, still got a while tho. a tranny service could go good or bad really. you could be flushing out some of the fine pieces or metal that have wedged themselves into little spaces that, believe it or not, make it run smoother. or it could have really not affect at all.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Ya I usually set my e brake, when I slide it from P to D4 it just BARELY jerks and then it jerks one more time before it seems to be completely done shifting. When In flooring it I can definitly feel a slight jerk when the tranny shifts. Will a dealer tranny service help me? Im kinda counting on it.

this jerking while flooring it that you speak of.... does it do that like as it drops down a gear or when overdrive kicks in? just curious because mine did that for about 4-5 months before it completely went out...lol

tranny service could do good... but there is no definite answer to that one... it could not change anything but honestly there is only one way to find out.. sorry

2000_V6coupe

Reaction score
Ya I figure Ill get it and then frive it till it dies. Would someone please tell me an out the door ballpark for a new tranny? both dealer and independent

Mojeans69

Reaction score
Welcome to the site....I got my tranny replaced and it does that only when I 1st start it, but while driving it shifts smooth. About the tranny service hmmm....personally I would just save my money for a new tranny because its gonna come soon so I would skip the service and go straight for the tranny

Back