New (not really) wheels....

Browntown

Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
I tried to take some off of some fake 3 peice wheels, not happening. I found wrapping masking tape around the end of a pen the same size worked well. Defineatly strip them though if you can. The lip will look much better not under that beat up clear.

The wheels look pretty damn good though man. Thats not bad at all. I was looking at some similar blitz wheels for my talon, i'm pretty fond of that look.

I agree wit hthat, but I'm a little hesitant to mess with it. Would I just reapply the clear after stripping it or does it require more work than that?

I'm getting them put on this wed!! Hopefully all goes according to plans.....

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Browntown said:
I agree wit hthat, but I'm a little hesitant to mess with it. Would I just reapply the clear after stripping it or does it require more work than that?

I'm getting them put on this wed!! Hopefully all goes according to plans.....
I wouldn't even clear them personally. That way you can polish them every maybe 6 months. With clear, the same thing is going to happen again so i wouldn't recommend it. It's happened to me, restripped, much happier polishing them than restripping. Plus it's easier to fix the lip. That's my experience anyway.

Browntown

Reaction score
Well, got them put on last night..... we went to some hookey poke wheel place and it took those morons 3 hours to do it!!! Oh well, no $$ out of my pocket for it, so I guess I can't really complain.... pics coming soon. thanks for the info guys.

Twobit

Reaction score
Bronze them and polish the lip and it'll look sick bro

Browntown

Reaction score
Well, once I put them one I actually liked the way they look as is.... so for now, I'l probably just strip and polish the lip.

Back