New Pics (UPDATE: new stance?, new lens)

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Re: New Pics

Photography is the tits!! Really nice.

I don't think you need those eyelids. They look out of place on an otherwise clean front end! (home depot lip can go, too) The black accents stand out to me.

Good stuff though, man.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score

Great shots bud. I agree with Kevin about the black lip, and imo the eyebrows would look best painted

kn0x47

Reaction score

thanks guys

damn jonathan your car's looking great, killer photography skills as well. what'd you use for editing? PS?
yeah i've got cs3
I love your pics good job, me want them sides/rear!
your car will look dope once you get the rest of the kit. too bad the rear isnt as cheap as it used to be
your coupe is clean man and the pics are sooo clean love the background and the coupe!!!

any plans for rims?
i wanna get some 18" 5zigen ZR+ in gunmetal but that wont happen till after i get my job situation worked out.
5ZigenZR.jpg

I've been waiting a long time to see this. :) The car is looking good buddy, got any interior shots? Oh and third photo from the top is awesome.

thanks. no interior shots tho i still havent finished

98 SMR AV6

Reaction score

Love the pics, looks a lot better with the lip painted. Hope to see more updates!

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
how do you get the clouds to show up so well in your pictures? everytime I try to get them to look that good everything else ends up being super under exposed..

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Jealous of the way your car sits...how long did it take you to remove the front strut assembly, separate the spring and strut, move the ring to the next notch down, then put it back together and on the car? Did you do it by yourself?

kn0x47

Reaction score
how do you get the clouds to show up so well in your pictures? everytime I try to get them to look that good everything else ends up being super under exposed..

if the sky is all washed out i typically use the bracketing feature on my camera to take 2 pictures with the second one being about a full stop underexposed. Then you have to stitch the underexposed sky into the other photo. For the rolling shots, it was a very bright day and not many shadows so that helped a lot.

Also you can try adjusting tone, curves, brightness/contrast whether you have 2 exposures or not. Or use the gradient tool, set it to the black/clear gradient to blacken out the sky. then change the layer to overlay or soft light and then adjust the opacity and fill if its too dark. its easiest to use a masked layer in PS so you're only editing the sky

kn0x47

Reaction score
Jealous of the way your car sits...how long did it take you to remove the front strut assembly, separate the spring and strut, move the ring to the next notch down, then put it back together and on the car? Did you do it by yourself?

yeah i did it all...well if you dont screw up like i did and forget to put a part back on the strut you could probably get it done in 6 hours or less and that's without power tools. just make sure you at least have a breaker bar and PB blaster. a second set of hands in useful for when you're removing and installing the strut assembly.

if you need the torque for the screws or pictures lmk

Back