new speaker recomendations

blur

Reaction score
I have had phoenix gold, pioneer, infinity and now polk audio. For me the phoenix gold had the best bass response, the pioneers were kinda bright and hollow sounding, and the infinity's would distort even with an amp. So far the polk audio (basic series) in the front and the polk momo's in the rear deck are the best sounding as far as mids and highs are concerned. The 6x9's lack midrange, but the 6 1/2's pick that up real quick. The highs are smooth and detailed and the voice really cuts through the 2 12's in the trunk. Perfect sounding system except my sound stage is kinda centered low in the vehicle. Do your research and get some time listening to the various brands out there. Just my .02!
Judging by your setup, I would have guessed you tried type R 6.5s already . . . yet you havent? Any reason?

Namboyz

Reaction score
Judging by your setup, I would have guessed you tried type R 6.5s already . . . yet you havent? Any reason?

that question doesnt make sense to me lol. say that again.

but imo the type r speakers suk. just my opinion again.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the SPX 17PRO tweeters that come in the type x set are worth the price of admission alone.

the mids, however, are lacking for a door install.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
people say they perform much better in sealed pods (like kicks) or a small ported setup (if your door or kicks have room).

the tweeters made by another company and you can buy em just as raw drivers...can't remember the model off hand...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
scan-speak makes the F#1 tweeters (revelator copies) but even through googling, i couldn't find the answer about the SPX17s. its out there somewhere...my memory can't remember and i couldn't find it. they're either vifa or scan-speaks.

for a passive set, they're ok. a sweet pairing would be those plus pioneer PRS mids. if i were going the active/DIY route, i'd go for the vifa XT25 ring radiators. the SPX tweeters can't be run very low and are pretty fragile.

cd5negro

Reaction score
i have 6.5 focal access components in the front a bit pricey but the sound is very clear and throws nice bass.

ilovevtec951

Reaction score
infinitty kappas are a nice set of speakers i dont know how much they are going for these days but when i had mine in my accord very nice and clear audio

Back