New speedometer

DfeAt01

Reaction score
I think this could be the section for this post. So say I buy a new speedometer which is used. Say mine reads 90K and the new one reads 110K will there be a way to calibrate this to match them up? Reason why im asking is because I want some new damn needles and the only way to get this will be to buy a whole new cluster. Rather then just throwing it away I could keep that new one and see if I can take it in the Honda to match up the mileage. Is this possible? Does someone know how much it would cost?

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
I tried that already. There's an easier way though. Remove the white cover from the back of the cluster. You'll see 2 small tabs holding each of the different gauges onto the... I have no idea what the correct name for it is, it's just what everything attaches to. You just use a jewelers flathead screwdriver, bend those tabs up, and push the gauges out. Then you can insert them onto the original board. This way you get the new needles, gauges, etc. and you don't have to worry about the odometer. I did this already... but now I'm thinking of going in a different direction so I too am thinking about buying a new cluster (stupid needles)

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Oh, and if you need pictures of what I'm talking about, just pm me and I'll be glad to take some for ya

atarikid07

Reaction score
Actually, if you didnt mind, could you take some pics and post them in this thread? I'm just curious as to what you're talking about. :eek:mg bd:

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
No prob, got my spare lying around

Ok, so see these two tabs here:
DSC05248.jpg

Bend them up with the jewelers flathead screwdriver till they're like this:
DSC05249.jpg

Then just push with the screwdriver through the circle between the tabs until it comes out, it'll be like this:
DSC05251.jpg

And when you're done with all of them, it'll look like this on the front:
DSC05252.jpg

It's the exact opposite process to put the new gauges onto the original board, so just push the tabs through those tiny holes, bend them, and ur done

DfeAt01

Reaction score
Dammit i cant see them on this stupid government computer! I'll reply when im home again.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
No the tabs hold on the gauges. I unfortunately don't have any intact needles around to take pics of. Open up your gauge cluster, take off the cover from the front, and the one from the back. You'll see what I'm talking about once you do that.

Back