new system, ideas?

wg2k7

Reaction score
yea i was hoping for some sub ideas, i was just thinking about that combo cuz i heard my friends (the 12w7 rattles my friends toasters roof like no other) and i found some on ebay from stores for like 700 in a box with an amp. i know everyone says no rear speakers but the sps 6x9s i can get for like 60 bucks and i dont mind that if itll help the sound a tiny bit and make sound better for my passengers in the rear. thanks for the other suggestions though

Hush

Reaction score
What did you want to know about the lotus'? I like them alot cause that its warm, it doesn't hurt my ears when your turn them up due to the fact that their slik tweeters. well thats what i think it is, all they say its fibric. all i know is that it doesn't ping when you turn it up. The woofer is as good as any out there. the mid bass is full. I like the fact it gets the low mid bass, it almost mixes in with the bass. its almost seemless sound crossing over. the one thing i don't like about them is that its so big, depth wise. but then again my JL was long too. i used some MDF wood to make some spacers, i forgot what size i used but its pushing out the door stock speaker grill a little. The lotus' are a good bang for the buck. alot of my friends are running them and their a sound team. thats the only thing they have incommon, set up wise. their only goal is to make the best sounding system they can. i envy them so mcuh cause they don't have limited funds like us. one of them spent 800 bucks on just 2 amps, the best damn looking amps and great sound filters i've seen, Audisons. their other teammate is going to go kinda cheap and go from some van goghs with W6s, he sold his 2 10W7s cause he is kinda getting out of audio. Its too much bass for what he wants to do. its going full sound stage fronts. One day if i have the money i might go all out and go dyn audio fronts and rears both 6.5s and 2 10W7s and a 1000/1 to run the subs and 2 300/2s for the speakers and the newest eclipse that will be out during the time of my build up. also have an extra yellow top in the rear and use fiber glass for the subs. and make an amp rack in between the subs cuz i'll have 1 on each side of the trunk, right by the back seats. and i'll rammat the whole car before i get all the audio stuff. its a little dream i have for audio when i get money.

Back