new to this site. 00 san marino coupe

slowaccord

Reaction score
small changes. I'm gonna retint my car. all 5 windows hopefully soon. Still trying to get a company to fabricate a rear bbk. Have 4 piston rotora calipers sitting here. need to get rotors and everything made. looks like it will be a 1500-2k project.

then double din pionner 7"

and finally get the retro remade

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That will be one nice brake setup when it’s done. My Rotora rotors/pads are still good, but I need to find where to get replacements when the time comes.

What is your car tinted at now? I wish I had gone darker, I have 35% all around. I may just get the rear windshield re-tinted and see if that helps.

slowaccord

Reaction score
right now the car has 20%. it had all 5 windows done but i got ticketed for two front. Ima do 5% rear window and 20% for the rest. My tint is bubbling (i know every assmuncher tint guy claims lifetime warranty but whose tint lasts longer than 5 years?! lol)

Im going with solar gard brand. I had it on my integra a few years ago with rolled egdes and it looked beautiful.

i had talks with rotora to do the brake work but they are being flakey now. It is pissing me off.

when my rotors go in the front I will try an aftermarket company. havent found one yet that seems decent or willing to take it on. most of em talk big but if you present em something they haven't done before they won't do it. just like most tuner shops

I seriously thought about ditching rotora all together and going to someone like stoptech. but it's just so much money when you consider you spent money on a bbk and now your respending for a dumb reason.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Hmm I never asked my tint guy what he used. It's been on for a few years now and looks as good as the day he put it on. I'm getting my wife's car done soon, I'll have to ask him.

The past couple days I've been looking for rotor replacements, but haven't had any luck so far. I got a little excited when I found this AdamsRotors site, but they only sell replacement parts for the Rotora 2pc rotors. In fact I think that's all Rotora sells now, is 2pc rotors. Is that your finding as well?

I am annoyed Rotora just stopped supporting one of their products, they didn't even start making our kits until 1999 or 2000. And we're just SOL? Pisses me off. I don't want to put the money into this car to invest in another BBK. If I can't find replacement rotors/pads, I'll just have to unload these and go with TL Brembo's or Legend 2piston calipers.

slowaccord

Reaction score
adams rotors were the one i looked up. They seemed cool at first but then seemed defensive almost. I know they have to post gay *** replacement rotors with ****ty designs and pretend like they are some bad *** one off company lol. I was disappointed in how they conducted themselves. Seems like it is run by some kids. But oh well.

and yea rotora is almost all 2 piece. They don't have one piece anymore, at least for our app. I might still go with them. otherwise I wasted a few hundred on calipers. I really want to find a machine shop run by an enthusiast that isn't scared of using his skills. Most shops are afraid they can't do the work so they quote too high to cover their asses. ZERO CONFIDENCE IN THEMSELVES.

I noticed I do have brackets with my calipers. But my quote for just 2 piece rotors was 1000-1100. $550 for hats alone and about $550 rotors. ima put the project on hold lol

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
So I called Rotora today, was told they stopped making our 330mm (13”) 1pc rotors in 2007. And we can’t substitute the new 2pc rotors they make. You probably already knew that. He did say we will always be able to buy pads though, which was one good thing.

He said I could exchange my BBK for a new one, the new kits use 300mm rotors and are 2pc only. $900 for 1pc or $1400 for 2pc. All I could think was, how about you don’t leave people who use your product in the dust, break out the die’s or molds you most definitely still have, and fab up some older generation 1pc rotors?

Anyway, I think my rotors still have plenty of life, though they are a little warped so I am going to get them turned at some point. I’ll be buying pads soon, so I’m actually good for a while I guess. As for the future, it’s either find someone to custom make a rotor, exchange my kit, or downgrade. Not really wanting to put big money into another BBK.

6 years isn’t really that long, I guess BBK’s have a short shelf life. Which begs the question, if people invest in new kits, how long will they be able to buy components for them?

Arggh….any luck on your end? Or are you still holding off?

agginline86

Reaction score
goooooooood work
Not sure I would change a thing!
love the wheels, stance, retros, rear window visor that isn't huge
and supercharged???
:drool:

slowaccord

Reaction score
So I called Rotora today, was told they stopped making our 330mm (13”) 1pc rotors in 2007. And we can’t substitute the new 2pc rotors they make. You probably already knew that. He did say we will always be able to buy pads though, which was one good thing.

He said I could exchange my BBK for a new one, the new kits use 300mm rotors and are 2pc only. $900 for 1pc or $1400 for 2pc. All I could think was, how about you don’t leave people who use your product in the dust, break out the die’s or molds you most definitely still have, and fab up some older generation 1pc rotors?

Anyway, I think my rotors still have plenty of life, though they are a little warped so I am going to get them turned at some point. I’ll be buying pads soon, so I’m actually good for a while I guess. As for the future, it’s either find someone to custom make a rotor, exchange my kit, or downgrade. Not really wanting to put big money into another BBK.

6 years isn’t really that long, I guess BBK’s have a short shelf life. Which begs the question, if people invest in new kits, how long will they be able to buy components for them?

Arggh….any luck on your end? Or are you still holding off?

searched high and low. Rotora use to answer my emails but they don't do that anymore either. independant shops are talking big game but they cant give a good estimate. $1500-2500 is what im getting and they have zero confidence in themselves.

my bbk has been pretty solid. I can't even count how many years I have had it.

Back