Newbie: Front bumper cover

BoiseLen

Reaction score
Based on a few threads I have read, maybe I can get some help. We have a 2000 LX coupe (ULEV) my son had a spiritual encounter with the rearend of another vehicle. Thinking I could repair myself ordered a bumper cover and grille from autopartswharehouse (mistake). The cover that came and one listed on other sites is not the same as the one we removed. (have not kept the bumper cover to compare) But I know it was one piece. As you may be able to tell, it has been awhile since we started the project. With this cover it seems that there should be another piece, for instance where the H emblem goes and would connect to the frame by the radiator. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ILoveMyCG

Reaction score
looks like you got a bumper for a sedan. What you need is the center bumper retainer shown in the pic.

Make sure you get a center retainer for sedan!

IMG_0802_edit.jpg

*this one shown is for coupe. the ones for sedan sits higher! GL

001Stunna

Reaction score
rockauto.com for aftermarket stuff
oemacuraparts.com for oem stuff
make your pick :)

if you've already bought something though and are missing part of your order, you should complain lol

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I like OEMacuraparts.com. Tim has helped me out a lot :lawl: which is why his business is on with SCCA car.

I've had very good experiences with the body panels that RockAuto.com offers. Especially for how cheap the prices are! I have aftermarket fenders, trim, and an aftermarket hood from there and all fit perfectly.

BoiseLen

Reaction score
I checked RockAuto -- it is the same bumper cover that I got, will give them a call

BoiseLen

Reaction score
Thanks, Matt. Found a local body guy who does favors for friends on his own time, just need to make sure I have all the parts for him.

Back