Nitrous...

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Someone on E-H was doing a 100 shot in his CL I think. Guy was a douche though.

haha.

50-75 shot is all you should go with to be honest. If you've never had nitrous on a vehicle before then you shouldn't hop right into anything too crazy.

There was some moron on the old boards several years ago that got a NOS kit from his buddy's mustang, put it right in his accord without changing the jettings, and ****ed up his engine. Came here whining saying we gave him the wrong advice only to find out his friend had been running like 150shot or something and he never bothered to step it down. Oh, and it was supposed to be a wet kit, but he didn't know what he was doing so he just left the fuel solenoid out. That thread had me lol'ing for quite a while to be honest.

On a 75 shot you should get low 15s or so. Just please make sure you know what you're doing. And remember, the initial price is cheap bang for the buck but its usually around $4+/- per pound to get a refill.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
95% of people & your standard kit comes with a 10 pound bottle.

So figure $40+ tax to fill it up, but it depends on the shops in your area. Can sell from anywhere from $3.50 to $5.50 a pound or more but usually its around $4, at least in my experience.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i want to build my car for turbo, but the process is taking longer than expected.
so that's why my decision for nitrous came in. i wanted to play with power.
the awesome thing about nitrous is that while i am building for turbo, the car can handle nitrous even better. so for me it was a win-win situation.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
So whiteaccord, what did you conclude? Are you gonna spray our auto trannies? If you are and comes out fine I might do so too.

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I am at the moment... With a light 50 shot...

Bumping it to a 75 shot, when I get the car back and the new jets.

Ill be doing a 100 shot before Feb, With tune.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i ran a 75 shot on my auto with no problems. just don't spray in between shifts.

i had to replace my tranny later, but it wasn't related to the nitrous at all (i promise, lol)

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah as long as your not sparying during shifts, youll be fine. Ill be replacing my tranny too, but only to upgrade.

100 Shot FTW!!!!!!

Back