No intake no problem?

JEER42

Reaction score
So I cracked my intake messing around yesterday. While I'm fixing it I have the filter directly to the throtle body. Thing is I kinda like it, looks cleaner. I will be installing the intake back on. Are there any pros/cons to running this? Anyone else doing this? Your thoughts...

J30MAN

Reaction score
Your engine might bog and lose torque because it is getting flooded with air and the same amount of gas is being given as stock spec. But i could be wrong.

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
i dunno for sure, but there is that little hole that is important...

so I wouldn't do it, unless u have that tube from oem filter box that connect to throttle body

nyknick1015

Reaction score
you could run a car with out an intake no problem, yes you will be losing a little bit of torque but nothing noticable if its your daily. its just not recommended because 1. the positioning of the intake, all your gonna be sucking in i hot hair blown back from the engine and radiator, and 2. you are going to be sucking in dirt and debris from the road under the engine as well as dust and dirt from the engine bay which can potentially not be healthy for the engine.

if your running no intake just to get around say to the auto store and back, then yeah go right ahead, no problem BUT i wouldnt do it for a prolonged distance/time

JEER42

Reaction score
you could run a car with out an intake no problem, yes you will be losing a little bit of torque but nothing noticable if its your daily. its just not recommended because 1. the positioning of the intake, all your gonna be sucking in i hot hair blown back from the engine and radiator, and 2. you are going to be sucking in dirt and debris from the road under the engine as well as dust and dirt from the engine bay which can potentially not be healthy for the engine.

if your running no intake just to get around say to the auto store and back, then yeah go right ahead, no problem BUT i wouldnt do it for a prolonged distance/time

This is what I thought as well. The hot air thing makes alot of sense. Oh well back on it is. Thanks for the responses guys.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i do recommend putting at least a filter on. ive seen people do filters right on the throtle body. or at least cut a peice of your filter cloth and rubber band it around the throttle body. you can never be to safe on what gets sucked in to the motor.

Last edited:

JEER42

Reaction score
i do recommend putting at least a filter on. ive seen people do filters right on the throtle body. or at least cut a peice of your filter cloth and rubber band it around the throttle body. you can never be to safe on what gets sucked in to the motor.
That's what I had done. I took the filter of the end of the intake (SRI) and put it directly on the TB. I would never run it without anything, that would be crazy, but I have seen it!

Back