No low oil pressure light?

mx5kev

Reaction score
Hi guy's.

I have juste noticed something on my 99 Accord V6. As I was changing the dash cluster bulbs for led, I have noticed that next to the cel, there was no bulb. It looks like it is the oil light.

I have tried to put a bulb, normal one, not led, to see if it lights up and nothing. It seems it was originally missing. Do you have it on your Accord? As it is quite rare, I can't find someone in France to check on his car. And it may be different on US models.

All I can say is that there is that light on my euro R.

Thanks for the help.

james'99

Reaction score
Just to make sure of the obvious, one, did you have the led in the right way? LEDs only go one way. Two, did you check it with key on engine off?

mx5kev

Reaction score
As there was no bulb in the first place and had just enough led, I put a classic bulb. So no polarity problem. Tried the bulb it is not burnt. When I go to ignition it doesn't light up.

That's why I was wondering.

james'99

Reaction score
As there was no bulb in the first place and had just enough led, I put a classic bulb. So no polarity problem. Tried the bulb it is not burnt. When I go to ignition it doesn't light up.

That's why I was wondering.

Odd... Try disconnecting the sensor and seeing if it illuminates.

mx5kev

Reaction score
If I got what the workshop manual says, it shouldn't. The circuit is closed when the engine is off and it opens when on. I'm going to investigate that further.

mx5kev

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, I have finally solved the problem. It was just the plug that was a bit corroded, not making contact. it is working fine again. I have put some dielectric grease to prevent that from happening again.

Back