No start on a 3.0L 2000 Ex

Marino3.0Coupe

Reaction score
Cliff-notes in red!

Friday my wife was driving her accord when it started to decelerate. She'd keep it to the floor and it just got slower and slower, until it stopped and shut off. She started it back up and it shut off immediately when she put it in drive. She waited 30 seconds, started the car, let it run for 30 seconds and then finished her trip to work.

That was the only adventure to her problem. The car worked fine to get her home on Friday night.

The car sat all weekend without being driven. Sunday she goes to go pick up dinner and the car cranks but doesn't start. She calls me up, I go outside and the fuel pump isn't priming. Either that or its a really damn quiet fuel pump. ;)

The fuse isn't blown, my buddy from Honda is sending me the "main" relay to test. What things I need to know are:

- Exact location for the main relay?
- What needs to happen if it is the fuel pump?

From my understanding the main/fuel pump relay is located down by the brake pedal, and the fuel pump can be accessed from the inside of the car; under the rear seats. Does the fuel pump require any special procedure or tools? Is it something that can be done easily at the house, and does not require the car to be in the air at all? Any secrets?

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge the fuel pump is under the rear seats and can be done at home without special tools or lifting it off the ground. However, I have a coupe and i'm not sure if it's any different between coupes and sedans, but I can check at around 10:30 when I get to the shop and i'll get back to you.

Edit: Don't quote me on this, but i'm pretty sure it's there.

Marino3.0Coupe

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge the fuel pump is under the rear seats and can be done at home without special tools or lifting it off the ground. However, I have a coupe and i'm not sure if it's any different between coupes and sedans, but I can check at around 10:30 when I get to the shop and i'll get back to you.

Edit: Don't quote me on this, but i'm pretty sure it's there.

That's cool man, I'd appreciate that. And yeah, I have a coupe too. Hence the name. ;) Lol.

Marino3.0Coupe

Reaction score
The car is fixed. The main relay had taken a poop on me. If you ever need to replace it, take my advice:

Unplug the thing first and plug the new one in to test it. Otherwise you'll spend more time dickin' around trying to get the damn thing out than you would finding out whether or not it fixes the car. Lol.

And for future reference, my 2 buddies at Honda say the fuel pump (next to) never goes bad, and that the solution for a no-start is often this relay (when the fuel pump isn't priming).

Boostedv6

Reaction score
Glad to hear problem was fixed.

I had the same problem where my car would be at 60km/hr then starts to deaccelerate...then finally to a full stop. Couldnt start the car after.

Found out it was the ignition relay...luckily it was covered by Hondas Recall.

Got a new one and installed, never had the problem occur again.

Back