no0b to performance mods

Daku

Reaction score
Im a pretty big noob when it comes to performance mods, i mean i know the basic jist of it but obv not as much as some of you might, basically i dont know where to start.
first off, i dont race, or take my car to the track often(once a while). but i do drive a lot and i tend to drive fast
My car is a 2000 coupe, i4 manual transmission. i desperately want a 6spd and a lil more power, especially when starting from 0

any suggestions in what i need, what i dont need and how to go about doing this?
also im a student, so money is pretty tight, im sure ill be doing this in stages

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
a 5 speed is a good start. its a little more perky than the auto lol. just do some bolt ons since u just wanna smash on it for fun. im sure an intake will give u the excitment u want for a good couple months. :lawl:

Daku

Reaction score
well i know i want a 6spd and a little more power, but i dont know where to even start
i mean i know that ill need to do a engine and tranny swap to get the 6spd transmission, and doing that would also give me a slight performance boost
but what do i need to get?

Daku

Reaction score
a 5 speed is a good start. its a little more perky than the auto lol. just do some bolt ons since u just wanna smash on it for fun. im sure an intake will give u the excitment u want for a good couple months. :lawl:

lol an intake was the first thing i got, shoulda mentioned that. but even as a noob i dont consider that much of a performance boost:|
plus ive a very VERY heavy sound setup in the back, so im guessing i should try to get as much torque out of the car as possible
you mentioned bolt on mods, would headers and other things be considered that? what exactly would a good header do for me and any suggestions about other mods?

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
well i know i want a 6spd and a little more power, but i dont know where to even start
i mean i know that ill need to do a engine and tranny swap to get the 6spd transmission, and doing that would also give me a slight performance boost
but what do i need to get?

Epic_Facepalm_by_RJTH.jpg

If you want a 6 speed sell your car and buy a v6 and swap the cl-s tranny in.

Drew707

Reaction score
if You really want to make more power. Go for your internals. Pistons, Valves,valve springs, lifters, Bored cylinder walls, performance cams and cranks, then go for you bolt ons. In the end you will have to tune your car with whatever bolt ons you added. Especially when you add a turbo/supercharger.

Back