noise from front passenger wheel

halfpinoythug

Reaction score
so i have this noise coming from one of my wheels... i hear it more when driving at slower speeds. sometimes it sounds bad, other times not so bad. kinda like a clicking sound. hear it less at faster speeds, but could be cuz exhaust drowns it out. i have suspicion that its a bad wheel bearing but im really unsure. Anyone have any idea what this might be?? i have been drivin with it like this for about a week. car does not react any diff than usual. i was looking at other posts and they described a bad wheel bearing to sound like a humming, but my sound isnt like that. any input is greatly appreciated! :D

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
It's either the wheel bearing or the CV axle.

To check if it's the wheel bearing lift that side of the car, and see if there is any play when moving the wheel side to side, as if you are checking the tie rod ends or ball joints - if you can feel play on the hub/bearing then it's your bearing.

If not, then it's most likely your axle. Can't be much more than those few things causing your issue.

Freedom_Honda's

Reaction score
classic axle sound. Typically if it were the wheel bearring, it would growl or make some sort of road noise like choppy tires and such and would get louder as you picked up speed.

Axle's click, pop, and sometimes make knocking noises lol

Like Nikita said, jack your car up and check for play in the bearring and check it for noise.
Also, inspect your boots on the axles. Let us know what you find out.

Back