Noise from road debris?

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
I have a problem where anytime I run over lets say loose gravel, small pebbles or anything of the like that would shoot up into the undercarriage, it sounds as though my car is getting hailed on. I'm not exaggerating, that's how loud it sounds. Is there anything I can do to stop this? Normal cabin noise isn't bad at all, even considering the exhaust leak from my crappy eBay replacement header. I'm stumped

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing you can do about it due to our fender liners are made of plastic. It does not absorb the impact as well compared to felt fender liners, which are made to absorb the impact better to lessen the sound.

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
Nothing you can do about it due to our fender liners are made of plastic. It does not absorb the impact as well compared to felt fender liners, which are made to absorb the impact better to lessen the sound.
Crap. Not even dynamat or a similar sound-deadening substance on the top sides of these liners? (As opposed to the visible side above the wheels)

brian6speed

Reaction score
My car is the same way. I removed all my interior and sound deadening and am running sticky star spec tires.

My car is probably worse than yours, but it doesn't really bother me at all.

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
My car is the same way. I removed all my interior and sound deadening and am running sticky star spec tires.

My car is probably worse than yours, but it doesn't really bother me at all.
Ah i see, okay then! Honestly im just nitpicking because i really cant find anything to complain about when it xomes to this car lol. Such an improvement from my 5th gen. Thanks for the input, guys

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Make sure you aren’t missing any liners, there are some under the front of the car too in addition to the fender liners.

Varnell

Reaction score
Dynamat will help, especially on the inside of the liner and inside the car.

Also, why so fast over gravel? I take it slow to avoid bumps and don't have this issue. I don't have fender liners or Dynamat, currently.

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
Make sure you aren’t missing any liners, there are some under the front of the car too in addition to the fender liners.
The one that looks like a plastic skid plate? Thats there. Both fender liners too!
Dynamat will help, especially on the inside of the liner and inside the car.

Also, why so fast over gravel? I take it slow to avoid bumps and don't have this issue. I don't have fender liners or Dynamat, currently.
Well i said gravel for lack of a better word haha. Now that i think about it, i don't think ive ever gone over actual gravel in the 10 months ive had the car lol! The dynamat sounds like a solid plan then.

Clevor

Reaction score
Ah i see, okay then! Honestly im just nitpicking because i really cant find anything to complain about when it xomes to this car lol. Such an improvement from my 5th gen. Thanks for the input, guys

+1

I bought a 2000 EX Accord with 153,000 miles for $3300 because I didn't want to use my 420 HP 2013 Mustang GT as a daily driver, due to the stick shift and lousy gas mileage.

The Honda drives like a dream and has better fit and finish. I can't tell you how hard you have to slam the hood and trunk on the Ford to get it closed.

One nice touch on these 6th Gens is at least the mirrors fold manually. Forget it on the Mustang which has big side mirrors like Mickey Mouse ears. In Japan, all the cars have power folding mirrors.

Besides the fragile trannies, the one major complaint about the Honda Accords has been the road noise. It isn't as quiet as other cars. I read a pro review of the latest Accord and the article said Honda finally fixed the problem. Don't know what took them so long.

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
+1

I bought a 2000 EX Accord with 153,000 miles for $3300 because I didn't want to use my 420 HP 2013 Mustang GT as a daily driver, due to the stick shift and lousy gas mileage.

The Honda drives like a dream and has better fit and finish. I can't tell you how hard you have to slam the hood and trunk on the Ford to get it closed.

One nice touch on these 6th Gens is at least the mirrors fold manually. Forget it on the Mustang which has big side mirrors like Mickey Mouse ears. In Japan, all the cars have power folding mirrors.

Besides the fragile trannies, the one major complaint about the Honda Accords has been the road noise. It isn't as quiet as other cars. I read a pro review of the latest Accord and the article said Honda finally fixed the problem. Don't know what took them so long.
Haha damn, that sounds awful. I've heard endless jokes and complaints about American cars but that just kills me. Yeah, the Accord has always been infamous for its awful autotragic transmissions. Didn't know road noise was a persistent issue throughout the generations though!

Back