Noise from the suspension

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Your engrish is outstanding

Edit: i doubt that clunk is anything other than a blown strut.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
"......comes with an old school 17" rims. However, there is.......... It also sounds like crack and hit something. Do you guys have any.........
and i would prorbably need to put snow tires...."

:jae:

DirtyHarry

Reaction score
^ I would second that, a few if not all of the struts are probably blown from drop springs and age.

Test it by standing over the wheel well of each wheel and pushing down on the car. There should be little rebound, if its just wobbling around they're more than likely the issue.

That hollow clunk sound is a very clear obvious sound though and I just had this issue a month ago.

I have sorta the same issue except i put my coils on about 4 years ago & now im squeaking like an old bed from the rear over any dip

Jimsun

Reaction score
check your end links and sway bar bushings.. this was my problem.
I hear a clunk from my car on every dip or bump. The clunk was still there after changing the endlinks so i decided to replace the sway bar bushing. I got moogs and they gave me the wrong one. apparently the lx has a thicker sway bar than the ex and dx. So i popped my old ones in, drove to the place and noticed the clunking noise was gone. I just took em out, cleaned the bushing and where it sat

001Stunna

Reaction score
check your end links and sway bar bushings.. this was my problem.
I hear a clunk from my car on every dip or bump. The clunk was still there after changing the endlinks so i decided to replace the sway bar bushing. I got moogs and they gave me the wrong one. apparently the lx has a thicker sway bar than the ex and dx. So i popped my old ones in, drove to the place and noticed the clunking noise was gone. I just took em out, cleaned the bushing and where it sat

Hmmm you sure...
99 LX front sway bar bushing is part# 51306-S84-A01 no matter if LX/LX+ABS/Ex
DX is different 51306-S84-A32
V6 is different 51306-S87-A01

kelvin

Reaction score
yeah..the coilover came with the car that i just bought.
and right it has not much rebound. i m thinking if i adjust to coilover to upper, will it do better? since i have the snow tires on it today and they are pretty close to the fender. i drove it by myself and it was just fine, but i m not sure if heavier with more ppl inside. They are studded and i afraid they will do some damage to my car.
i will take picture tmr..Thanks guys! really appreciate it!

Jimsun

Reaction score
Hmmm you sure...
99 LX front sway bar bushing is part# 51306-S84-A01 no matter if LX/LX+ABS/Ex
DX is different 51306-S84-A32
V6 is different 51306-S87-A01

It was the people from penn auto who said they were thicker not i ;)
Maybe try adjusting the coils. However, don't you see an alignment everytime you change your ride height?

Back