noob's system build (need your advice please)

xx24xx

Reaction score
You get what you pay for. IMHO Hifonics are mainstream, China low end build quality and don't sound that great. Hifonics had some good amps back in the 90's I think. A $300 budget is really tight and you may not be happy with your purchase. Here is my suggestion to you:

Image Dynamics IDQ 10" (under $150 depending on where you shop)
Sundown Audio SAX100.2 ($240 @ Soundsolutionsaudio.com)

Yes these are made in China, but they have a much better reputation for SQ, reliability, build quality, etc etc etc.

I really urge you to consider building the box yourself or paying someone who has the knowledge. It will be money/time well worth it. A rule of sound quality is 70% install. If you are sticking with sound quality/accuracy go with a sealed enclosure. A properly ported enclosure will give you about 3db more and may hit lower frequencies.

Rear fill is completely not needed, especially on a budget. Spend that money on better front stage and amp(s). CDT makes fantastic components and coaxils with really resonable prices.

eggyhustles

Reaction score
LOL@don't sound great..clean power is clean power..he's on a budget and you're telling him to get sundown smh..he's on a budget..hence me recommending budget stuff..

xx24xx

Reaction score
I acknowledged his budget and gave him my opinion. Quality always comes with a price, hence I said to keep saving. I'm not going to bash Hifonics ... but I will laugh that you think it's clean power.

dynasty

Reaction score
I acknowledged his budget and gave him my opinion. Quality always comes with a price, hence I said to keep saving. I'm not going to bash Hifonics ... but I will laugh that you think it's clean power.

subwoofers is mostly for bass. which it is only for bass unless your box is ported. truthfully, you can't really hear the sound quality of a subwoofer because it's in the trunk and all you hear is rattles. i drive a minivan which it's open so i definitely "enjoy" the subwoofer. not only because of the vibration i get, but i actually hear a decent balance from my speakers and my subwoofers. soooooo.. what i'm trying to say is.. any subwoofer would work, IMO. as long as it last, i think you don't have to spend that much money on subwoofers. speakers is another story.

DXaccorD

Reaction score
You should be fine... especially since you already bought the sub encloser you kinda have to use it but yes it should work fine. Also, look into getting a separate amp to power your 6x9's and 6x5's as well....

hey lxcord, where did you buy your pioneer headunit from? price? It looks great in the pic i only have a one dim head unit and i hate the extra space thanks in advance

eggyhustles

Reaction score

Laugh all you want..the amps do rated power and are efficient..

TheHunter

Reaction score
Just save money until you can afford what you really want. My advice- save up until you can afford a sub and you won't want to go back on. Plus you want good quality. What's the point on saving money and buying something that blows out... then having to spend money all over again. Do it right the first time, and be happy for a long time ;)

Back