Nos?

cdubb77

Reaction score
You're a confused man Gus. One minute you're complaining about your tranny, then you're getting another car........... now you're getting NAWS :rolleyes:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
only time dry is safer than nitrous is when you have a problem with fuel puddling in your IM.

i never had that problem in my car and have never heard of it on accords. some intake manifolds are just shittier.

cg6accord

Reaction score
hando...u just answered all the questions i was gonna ask....proves that searching first werks like a charm...o and i was gonna get a 35 shot cuz im scared i will blow up...anything i should do to beef my motor up to not experience a blow....and im just gonna ask now instead of looking cuz im tired....what all do i need to do a coupe front end conversion on my 2000 accord sedan se

HandoEX

Reaction score
cg6accord said:
hando...u just answered all the questions i was gonna ask....proves that searching first werks like a charm...o and i was gonna get a 35 shot cuz im scared i will blow up...anything i should do to beef my motor up to not experience a blow....and im just gonna ask now instead of looking cuz im tired....what all do i need to do a coupe front end conversion on my 2000 accord sedan se
You could spray a 35 shot all day and night....then again you could spray a 75 shot all day and night too without touching the internals of the motor as long as the motor isn't shot already :)

angelplus

Reaction score
HandoEX said:
You could spray a 35 shot all day and night....then again you could spray a 75 shot all day and night too without touching the internals of the motor as long as the motor isn't shot already :)

Werd, I have a 75 WET shot on my car. Been running it for a full year, and cant say that I dont like it. I love it. Best bang for your buck. Til you realize home much you just spent on nitrous. It gets expensive man, but its all worth it.

What you want to do is try a 50hp shot on your engine. Make sure that you get the Wet becuase getting a dry, leaves your stock fuel injectors to fend for themselves while trying to compensate for the nitrous comming in at higher rpms and all that good junk. So if you really want some serious power and an easy install, buy the Zex wet shot kit for the I4s. Its completely safe on our engines and to be honest with you, our cars suck nitrous in as much as gas! ;) Good luck on your project bro

cg6accord

Reaction score
uhm i have an auto...is there a certain point when its safe to activate the nitrous or can i spray when i want?

HandoEX

Reaction score
cg6accord said:
uhm i have an auto...is there a certain point when its safe to activate the nitrous or can i spray when i want?
You can buy a rpm activated window switch. This decive will allow you to set the nitrous kit to turn off at your shift points and resume spraying after your tranny shifts. This will prevent just about all tranny problems caused by using nitrous on an auto tranny.

cg6accord

Reaction score
awesome sauce...do i have to manually set it or does it just know when im shifting?....sorry i never ran nitrous b4 so im a total newb on the subject, thanks for all the help

demon5spd

Reaction score
Right now i've been using a zex dry kit with a 75 shot for about 2 1/2 years right now and i love it to death, i've had a bunch of people say that dry is not safe but thats totally untrue i've had a couple friends run NX wet kits in there cavalier and civic and always had problems with it and my friend with 05 cavalier blew his motor runing a 50 shot nx wet kit.

Running zex dry kit is just so much easier and alot safer then anything else everything is built into the unit all you have to is connect power and ground to the unit along with the 5v refrence wire , the kit uses this so that it dosen't activate when your not at WOT, other then that just splice the vaccum line going to your fuel pressure regulator to the nmu and then from the nmu to the FPR it took me about 30 mins to install and i havent had to touch it since then.

And i have the dyno numbers to prove that running zex dry is awesome i gained 70whp and 85 ft-lbs tq running a 75 shot and haven't had a problem since i installed the kit.

Back