Not Really that urgent

capsidx

Reaction score
So after doing my auto to manual swap I managed to get everything working. However, I ran into a weird problem. I got the speedo to work but still do not have vtec. I did some searching and that really didn't yield any results. I do have a MIL on but thats because my TPS went bad and for the time being is unplugged. I am awaiting the new one. Any ideas as to what could be the problem. A few sidenotes: I am using the Auto ecu with plug D out for the moment, the wiring is correct to my knowledge, as in the speedo isnt being fed the signal directly from the vss rather the vss in was repinned to the appropriate cavity, and the vss out is spliced directly to the signal wire. Does anyone think the VSS isnt wired in a way that the ecu doesnt recognize it? Thanks for any responses

dawg316

Reaction score
vtec wont enable under certain conditions . example if a check engine light is on , or if the vehicle isnt up to operating temps

fix your tps and it should work

capsidx

Reaction score
Well as fate would have it the post office has deemed my address undeliverable for whatever reason so thats going to have to wait. From what i've read the manual ecu is a must. I have opted to go to the dealer and have the key flashed to a manual ecu I have. They gave me a price of 65 dollars so i'm ok with that. I guess i'll have them check out the TPS as well. I've never really heard of them going bad overnight but apparently mine did. Thanks for the response.

capsidx

Reaction score
So I installed a new TPS and and had the voltage reading 4.50v at WOT. For whatever reason I'm still getting blink code 7 which is TPS circuit input too high or too low. I'm baffled.i didn't notice any breaks in the wires going to the ECM.

dawg316

Reaction score
So I installed a new TPS and and had the voltage reading 4.50v at WOT. For whatever reason I'm still getting blink code 7 which is TPS circuit input too high or too low. I'm baffled.i didn't notice any breaks in the wires going to the ECM.

3 wires going to the TPS 1 is the refferance 5v which should be good. ones the ground. so check that with a multi meter the other is the output signal that goes to the ecu usualy 0.5 v closed and 4.5 volts wot.

if the output signal seems like it sweeps 0-5v when you actuate the throtal niceley then i would go to the ECU and make shure your getting the same signal at the TPS ECU pin.

capsidx

Reaction score
I thought 4.50 wot was correct. I installed the new TPS and calibrated it so it was 4. 50 with the throttle fully open. As far as checking the voltage while actuating the throttle plate, that was already completed. Is there some other way for me to verify a break in the wiring if this is the case?

dawg316

Reaction score
make shure the voltage leaving the tps ( the 0-5v) is reaching the ECU pin it supose to go to.

what engine and ecu are in the car ? also what year

capsidx

Reaction score
Tps voltage at the ecu matches the voltage measured at the harness. I'm stumped . The problem happened right after my swap. I changed the sensor but the problem persisted. So with the voltage being correct on both ends do we rule out faulty sensor or incorrect wiring? I don't remember if I mentioned this but I'm still running the stock auto ecu with connector d, (furthest from the end unplugged)

Back