Nuke Rooster F/I engine build

Nuke_Rooster

Reaction score
Hey guys, its been a while.

So the old accord is still running as good as the day i got it. the odometer is reading 235k and the engine will not quit.

i installed eibach sway bars just a few days ago and i love them. the car handles sweepers like a champ with little body roll.

i finally got up the motivation to start building a new engine. so i picked up this f23 block out of a storage container at the garage and started pulling it apart today.

the block is out of a 2000 accord dx with 80k.

the motivation:
dscf3019o.jpg

before tear down:
dscf3015b.jpg

after td:
dscf3025d.jpg

dscf3026d.jpg

dscf3027qv.jpg

dscf3028.jpg

the sleeves and crank have no signs of wear. although the sleeves will be honed because of rust buildup.

The plan:
rebuild my current f23a1 head and send off to the machine shop to be ported and polished. (unless i find a newer head)
k20 forged pistons (im following afaccord's route (wiseco K568M865))
stock rods (not sure yet)
stock rod and main bearings (not sure yet)
stock gaskets
injectors (not sure yet)
Walbro 255lb
obd1 conversion and have it tuned by a stranger (jk)
Custom stainless ram horn style manifold
custom 2.5" dual exhaust with 3" electronic cutout.
send my transmission off get new seals
stage 3 clutch
new flyweel
battery relocation

so all in all, the only real modification to the engine internals will be the k20 pistons. i figure they will take more abuse over a long period of time and would be all i need for a 275-300hp goal. I will buy billet rods if you guys think its necessary.

the questions:
any idea how much abuse the stock piston rods can take?

is anyone using oem main bearings with their boosted setup?

any input would be appreciated.

also pm me if anyone has anything for sale that i could use.

update* April 22 2012

* just ordered acl main and rod bearings and some new thrust washers $110 not to pricey i think.
* monday i will send the block off to the machine shop for honing and cleaning
* I might have found a connection to some forged k20's

Last edited:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Nice! Can't wait to see this progress :D

Have you considered a dohc head swap? Better flow and tunability.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
I'm running stock rods. they're forged from the factory. sure not as good as an aftermarket forging but they're strong. ringlands are the weak point in or engine. I've been pushing 230hp 240tq on stock rods and cp pistons for a little over a year now without issues. planning on pushing over the 300 mark this summer without changing anything except the clutch and some exhaust components, with the addition for more boost obviously.

Nuke_Rooster

Reaction score
I'm running stock rods. they're forged from the factory. sure not as good as an aftermarket forging but they're strong. ringlands are the weak point in or engine. I've been pushing 230hp 240tq on stock rods and cp pistons for a little over a year now without issues. planning on pushing over the 300 mark this summer without changing anything except the clutch and some exhaust components, with the addition for more boost obviously.

thanks, this is what i needed to feel better.

what about your bearings? im assuming they're oem.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
I'm running ACL rod and main bearings. they're actually a little cheaper then oem. at least the ones I found were. pretty sure I got them from raceeng with my pistons.

Back