O2 Oxygen sensor CEL

bX aCcOrd

Reaction score
So i just hit 100k on my 2002 sedan ULEV and decided to do some well needed maintenace. did all the basic spark pulg wires distrubuter cap fillters regular stuff. i decided to change both of my o2 sensors, i ordered them from amazon NGK/NTK upper and lower. As soon as I installed them I got a CEL didnt have it before.
Pluged my OBD2 reader in and it reads P1167-Powertrain the other P0141-O2 sensor heat circuit( bank1 sensor 2). I was looking at other threads and seeing re-pinning harness, mine came with the harness already installed. The car it self is running much better witht he new sensors i feel the difference in power and also mpg. i tried resetting the CEL by removing fuse 13 7.5 on pass fusebox still comes back??? HELP!?!?!

bX aCcOrd

Reaction score
i was trying to look that up to see if there was a difference but could find anything of that kinda even went to autozone and advance auto parts asked around they told me theres just a difference with 6 vs 4 and lx vs ex nothing to the nature about ULEV

Jimsun

Reaction score
you need a ulev sensor. F23A4 sensor is different from the F23A1 and A5.

Don't be surprise when you see the upstream costing 2-3x the price of a A1/5

SportBilly

Reaction score
I'm having problems with a p0135 error at my f23a1 too.. Changed 4 sensors one oem from Honda and didn't work. Let me know your progress. I'm with this issue 4 weeks now and at 2 shops the mechanics give up..

h0p3l355dork

Reaction score
Usually P0141 will throw but it's the Cat that's bad. I had to replace my cat and boy was that expensive :( I had an issue where it threw for the O2 sensor, but because the cat wasn't working properly, the o2 sensor was what threw the code. You might have to cough up some money for that :/

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Follow the fsm diag chart for the code, it will have you check the sensor resistance. if that is out of spec you will get a code even if it is working.

Back