o2 sensor

xIrvin

Reaction score
Can't get the o2 sensor off my ****in cat -__-. Used liquid wrench and the only way to get to it is with an allen wrench.. does anyone have some suggestions???

Also quick stupid question. Should i be pulling or pushing to loosen it..? That is say the allen wrench is straight down. should i push or pull?? i cant figure in my head which is righty tighty lefty loosey. help..

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Put your fingers on it and twist like you're opening a beer bottle...that's how you know if you are turning it the right way. Try some PB blaster and let it sit for a bit.

001Stunna

Reaction score
The one on your cat more then often will need to be heated up with a torch if its the original oem one. If not, good luck to you trying to get it off.

If you do try though remember...lefty loosey, righty tighty

Size is 22-mm (7/8 inch).

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, Levin. Yea, I have taken my headers off and put new ones on, took the new ones off and put the old back on, all in the last 3 days. That includes both o2 censors. It was fortunately, easy for me using that 22mm wrench. Hope you can get it off. Heating it up for awhile with the engine on might help you.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Can't get the o2 sensor off my ****in cat -__-. Used liquid wrench and the only way to get to it is with an allen wrench.. does anyone have some suggestions???

Also quick stupid question. Should i be pulling or pushing to loosen it..? That is say the allen wrench is straight down. should i push or pull?? i cant figure in my head which is righty tighty lefty loosey. help..

Let it soak with PB Blaster or WD-40 like said. Some people use a wrench I prefer using the proper tools (o2 sensor socket). Also counter-clockwise loosens and clockwise tightens.

xIrvin

Reaction score
I just unplugged and unbolted everything. Had a homie
Hold it down while I use all my strength to take it off. Took like 3hrs for that part because I took breaks

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
I just unplugged and unbolted everything. Had a homie
Hold it down while I use all my strength to take it off. Took like 3hrs for that part because I took breaks

Oh ok so you took off the downpipe before removing the o2 sensor. Next time remove the o2 sensor first it's a lot easier.

xIrvin

Reaction score
Yeah first time ever removing a cat so I messed up lol. Didn't realize I could unplug the sensor too. That took my
Awhile to realize lol. Made it so much easier

Back