OBD1 question

Deshon2688

Reaction score
I plan to do an OBDI conversion pretty soon, so I just wanted to clear something up. Has anyone here been successful in converting an auto p28 to manual? I've read that it can be done by removing the jumpers RP17 and RP18 then jumping RP18 with a 0 ohm resistor, but I'm not sure if that would work for our Accords.

The reason I ask is because I would like to do the switch before my manual swap, since I decided to put it off until my engine build is complete.

Thanks for any insight :thumbsup:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
it would be probably cheaper just buying an chipped manual p28. Because if you have an auto on now,gotta convert it then still chip it..Can get one already chipped with your base map for $150.

Iv had a boomslang obd2b-obd1 harness and also an ebay one.both are fine;just read the reviews of the seller before buying.

I have an obd2-obd1 conversion part kit i gathered, for sale..everything you need besides the ECU,search my name under classified section.

-obd2b-obd1 Harness
-2plug IACV(obd1)
-IACV adapter plate
-and 2plug pigtale for IACV

Deshon2688

Reaction score
I forgot to come back to this thread lol.

Thanks for the info man. I decided to wait on this too. I was curious cuz i wanted to get a base tune with the auto and bolt ons at phearable before i get into the serious engine work, but I'd need to wire in a separate TCU and all that so im not gonna bother.

I might get back to you on that stuff you have for sale tho :thumbup:

Drift

Reaction score
And for future reference, converting an auto p28 to manual is possible. And Im not exactly which jumpers need to be removed and replaced, but I have done a few when Ive been added VTEC and chipping ECUs.

Back