obd2 issue

g22aOnBoost343

Reaction score
Aight...so i've read this forum up and down and it seems like NO one has had this issue but me...I did a conversion of auto to manual about a month ago...and basically my car does a fuel cutoff at 5rpm and refuses to engage vtec so thru research i discovered the ecu is infused with controlling the auto tranny...so I bought a OBD1 jumper harness, and placed a PT3 ecu, and basically the car would do a weird pause,rev,pause,rev,pause, rev while idle and bouncing off the 1rpm....so i plugged back the auto ecu and while reading on this forum i figured from research and what i read it was my knock sensor:thinking: i unplug the knock sensor and it was STILL doing it....but i'm not understanding what else could it be...somone told me that the jumper harness is meant for me going over to a chipped obd1 ecu...so he said i should try a p28 and see what happens....but i'm sure its basically just one sensor that must be giving the ecu's a false code or soemthing....can anyone help me out?....i've tried searching on here but i manage to only find a thread about someone finding an ecu for my year...but i haven't read anything bout someone converting to obd1 and having this idle issue...is it just me??:thinking:

Drift

Reaction score
How about a little info here? What year and model accord do you own? Where the hell did you find a pt3 ecu and why did you think that would work?

g22aOnBoost343

Reaction score
lol its a 99 accord sedan, 5 speed(was auto)...and it was my homeboys PT3...he told me he woulda worked since it was an OBD1 ecu....:skurred:

Back