OBD2 workaround??

chomorro21

Reaction score
I did it to my 5th gen prelude and i loved it but i cant find a DIY on it for accords. It was basically just two wires and a closed/open switch that disconnected the ecu backup when switched to open. I liked it because it was like i reset my ecu every time i started the car, the only draw backs were that if i threw a CEL i wouldnt know it, but all i did was if i felt my car was acting funny i just flipped the switch and read the code. ANyways is there a Write up for it on the accords??

Here is something i found on it for prelude but i cant find the DIY site for the lude. http://www.hondaprelude.to/forums/showthread.php?t=6191

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
interesting write-up on tht link... but why not just do a OBD2 to OBD1 conversion?

xluben

Reaction score
chomorro21 said:
I did it to my 5th gen prelude and i loved it but i cant find a DIY on it for accords. It was basically just two wires and a closed/open switch that disconnected the ecu backup when switched to open. I liked it because it was like i reset my ecu every time i started the car, the only draw backs were that if i threw a CEL i wouldnt know it, but all i did was if i felt my car was acting funny i just flipped the switch and read the code. ANyways is there a Write up for it on the accords??

Here is something i found on it for prelude but i cant find the DIY site for the lude. http://www.hondaprelude.to/forums/showthread.php?t=6191

all the links in the thread seem to be dead, and it doesn't really explain how to do the mod.

what would be the downside to resetting the ecu everytime you start the car? worse fuel mileage? possible damage?

putting in a $1 switch to get a few horsepower seems worth it (especially since it's totally reversible).

if someone does find a write up on this i'd consider trying it.

chomorro21

Reaction score
Well from what i remember, when i got my bolt ons, my prelude at first i could feel the power and i got dynoed and saw the difference. But it did seem to get slower after driving about 800 miles. I did this mod and it cost me about 2 bucks and it basically doesnt let the ecu remember anything, so everytime the car starts the ecu "rediscovers" the mods and puts more fuel in to compensate for the increased air coming in. Without this mod the ecu corrects everything to get better fuel economy. Supposedly you get worse gas mileage with this mod, but i didnt notice a decrease at all (unless i was racing around), i actually saw a gain in highway mpg but that was probably because of the freer flowing engine.

Anyways the write up on it was just jumping to connections that were right next to eachother and incorporating a switch. I just dont remember what connections it was....

Back